PDA

View Full Version : Tensions for Hextreme/Poly plasma hybrid

Carlsson
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Hello!

I just bought the thinner version of this hybrid - 1,25/1,18 I think it is.

Given that I liked Big banger Alu power rough at 20 kg, and
Alu power rough/Technifibre TGV biphase (a European version basically of 515 "but biphased" - i think - 1,35 mm) at 20,5/23,5 kg),
any advise on what tensions I should use for the Signum hybrid in the Title of this post?

Thanks in advance!

ambro
07-03-2006, 11:16 AM
This hybrid doesn't accomplisha whole lot, seeing how the strings are nearly identical. The shape is the only difference. I'd recommend a softer synthetic for the cross, such as Forten Sweet, or my personal choice, Prince Lightning XX 17 (black color of course).

Stan
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
This hybrid rocks! The added spin from the Hextreme along with an 1.18mm cross is ideal. My advice is to increase the tension over the ALU by about 10% for the mains and 5% for the crosses. The reason is the Plasma is less stiff than the ALU and can be strung tighter. (Assuming you dropped your reference tension 10% when you started using ALU) I would string the Hextreme 5% stiffer than the crosses regardless because the Hextreme actually does experience some initial tension loss where the regular shaped Plasma is minimal.

Carlsson
07-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Thanks Stan for the advise! Your comments on the hybrid sound very promising, since I am hoping for spin and some more feel (less stiff and dead) than BB AP rough.