PDA

View Full Version : Why does ESPN slow-mo the crowd's reaction?

Say Chi Sin Lo
07-02-2006, 01:42 PM
You know it's bad enough that they slow-mo the player's reactions, whether it's a simple "awww/groan" or to show us how to do a fist pump correctly... But why the hell do we need to see the crowd's reaction in slow-mo?

No espn... it's not "cool"

VolklVenom
07-02-2006, 01:45 PM
that's just wrong

pound cat
07-02-2006, 02:00 PM
They do? I thought they were yelling and clapping in quick time. At every point. Or maybe because I ff what I've taped a lot. LOL

str33t
07-02-2006, 02:03 PM
i hate it when espn doesn't show the players service motion. sometimes when i'm trying to study the players motion, they just show a close-up of the server's face right until when they are about to hit the ball, then they show the whole court. argh! :evil:

Moose Malloy
07-02-2006, 05:33 PM
You know it's bad enough that they slow-mo the player's reactions, whether it's a simple "awww/groan" or to show us how to do a fist pump correctly... But why the hell do we need to see the crowd's reaction in slow-mo?

that isn't espn's feed. its from the bbc-that's why they had so many closeups of that guy listening to the world cup during the murray-roddick match.
notice that it took several shots before pmac & drysdale explained why that dude was on our screen. because pmac & drysdale have no idea what they are going see onscreen beforehand. they're just like us(sometimes during the french they would sound a little perplexed by the crowd shots(when they would show some people in the crowd repeatedly), and would actually say, "we are getting our images from french tv, maybe this person is a celebrity in france, we don't know"

nbc however does have their own cameras & feed(they have quite a bit more $ invested in their tennis coverage) which is why the picture quality & angles are a bit better imo.