PDA

View Full Version : why do pros use full polys?

pushing_wins
07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
other than durability

snoflewis
07-02-2006, 07:42 PM
other than durability

why do you use the string that you use?

pushing_wins
07-02-2006, 07:44 PM
why do you use the string that you use?

cause i have a sponsorship

Wondertoy
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Because they like it for spin, control and power. Yes indeed, new polys have power. Gut is not the be all and end all many of you proselytize.

snoflewis
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
cause i have a sponsorship

so basically...you're saying that you use the string that you use because it's cheap/free? im pretty sure w/e company it's from, you prefer to use one of the other...and it's the same w/ the pros. they use what they like best and what fits their game.

pushing_wins
07-02-2006, 08:50 PM
so basically...you're saying that you use the string that you use because it's cheap/free? im pretty sure w/e company it's from, you prefer to use one of the other...and it's the same w/ the pros. they use what they like best and what fits their game.

how does it fit their game better than other string?

you are not answering the question

pushing_wins
07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Because they like it for spin, control and power. Yes indeed, new polys have power. Gut is not the be all and end all many of you proselytize.

how is it better than other string for playability?

most other string rate better than poly for playability, but not durabity

TennisProPaul
07-02-2006, 09:53 PM
more spin.

another reason is the lack of poly movement.

when your a pro and have to fix your strings all the time after a point it tears up your fingers.

when i play alot of tournaments and use a string that moves i always get cuts in my finger near the nail from fixing the string

WHY DONT SOME ACTUALL PROS SPEAK UP FOR ONCE. COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND POST AN ANSWER

SPADEA AINT AFRAID A YA, WHAT SAY YOU!!!!!

snoflewis
07-02-2006, 10:29 PM
how does it fit their game better than other string?

you are not answering the question

the pros that use full poly jobs do so because thats what they like. they like how it feels, plays, etc. it's the same question as "why do certain pros use babolats and others use yonex?"

Ripper
07-03-2006, 07:01 AM
WHY DONT SOME ACTUALL PROS SPEAK UP FOR ONCE. COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK AND POST AN ANSWER

You wouldn't believe who I am, anyway :rolleyes:

pushing_wins
07-03-2006, 07:02 AM
the pros that use full poly jobs do so because thats what they like. they like how it feels, plays, etc. it's the same question as "why do certain pros use babolats and others use yonex?"

it is the complete opposite of gut

there must be some logic behind their choice.

saying they like how it feels and plays is not answering the question

also, why play with a smaller sweet spot?

ATXtennisaddict
07-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I strung full big banger original on my ncode last week...sucked!!!!! I can't feel the ball at all!!!

snoflewis
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
it is the complete opposite of gut

there must be some logic behind their choice.

saying they like how it feels and plays is not answering the question

also, why play with a smaller sweet spot?

that's just YOUR opinion. and i've already answered the question several times.

you ask why pros use full polys...i answer because they like how it plays and feels. the logic behind their choice is because they like how it plays and feels.

and the smaller sweetspot...that's like asking why pros play w/ an oversize and not a midsize...why play w/ the smaller sweetspot on the midsize?

pushing_wins
07-03-2006, 10:59 AM
and the smaller sweetspot...that's like asking why pros play w/ an oversize and not a midsize...why play w/ the smaller sweetspot on the midsize?

i have taken that into consideration

why is jolie hotter than anniston

you cant say she just look better

there are many reasons behind the conclusion she looks better.

pushing_wins
07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
I strung full big banger original on my ncode last week...sucked!!!!! I can't feel the ball at all!!!

i felt the same way

i do feel that the big banger are crisper

is it because we are so use to playing with softer string, it just takes time to get use to poly. but in the long run, it will be better for our game.

PBODY99
07-03-2006, 11:11 AM
In the modern game, the extreme amount of spin tends to destroy softer strings. Blake stated, in a Tennis Channel Bag Check segment, that he gets about 2 hours from an all Lux string job. The polyss, both the gold and silver and all the more recent blends, give the durabillity that the Kevlar hybirds gave, with a different feel. Note, I didn't say better, as that is fairly subjective.
I hope this adresses the question you posed.:cool:

TennisProPaul
07-03-2006, 01:31 PM
You wouldn't believe who I am, anyway :rolleyes:

Ripper,

I would believe you. i would even believe you if you said you were Federer. It would not surprize me if top pros spoke out in this chat.

Im sure in many pros spare time spending time on here would be cool. Thats what i might do when i had some down time is to interact with the people that help make the industry tick.

It would actually be very helpfull if you were a pro and said who you were. For me it would help me then use what you say in a more constructive way with more conviction.

if you dont want to say your name, you could say around what your ranking is.

If i was james blake i would hve no problem being open about who I was. That way it would help us ask you a few direct questions about string and really help us get info from the pros perspective.

I love tennis. I used to teach for 12 years.

Dont be shy to say who you are.

thanks

paul

nalbandian_fan
07-03-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah cmon ripper, even if ur andy roddick, whats gonna happen if u say that on this board, some might not believe you but who cares, its not like giving away your address and phone number.