PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Shirt Sizing

tarheels2323
07-02-2006, 07:53 PM
First, I have run a search on this but can't seem to find anything recent enough to fully answer my question: I like my tennis clothes to be loose enough to be able to move easily in and still fit well (a.k.a. make me look good). A tennis shirt for me must have sleeves no longer than half way to a little less than three quarters of the way down my upper arm and must hang no lower than two to three inches below the waist of my shorts. As for shorts, I prefer them to hang to the top of my kneecaps. Yes, I am very picky. I am 5' 8" and athletically built (I'm not in the shape I was playing high school soccer -just one year removed - but I'm working on it. I am however in good tennis shape). I'm not built but I have some definition in my arms, especially my right and I have definition in my chest but again, not anything special. I'm looking for Nike or Adidas apparel and I'm not sure what sizes to order and my local club isn't really stocked in the latest. Help please, I appreicate it.

tarheels2323
07-03-2006, 05:05 AM
anyone? i have no clue here.

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 05:09 AM
well Im only 15, 6'2 and about 160lbs and I take a Large mens. The shirt sizing from ADIDAS tennis wear is different from the normal ADIDAS range I find. I have some ADIDAS tops that are Large and nowhere near the size of the tennis range. They are alot smaller. You'd probably take a medium or a large.

tarheels2323
07-04-2006, 08:56 AM
anyone else? i'm about to order.

goober
07-04-2006, 09:44 AM
measure your chest. Medium is 38-40" and Large is 41-43". Adidas is usually true to size except for their T shirts which I would definitely order one size larger. For their crews/Polos I would err on the side of slightly bigger if you are borderline between medium and large.

XFactorer
07-04-2006, 10:06 AM
In my experience, adidas stuff runs bigger than normal. I'm a Nike person myself, and mediums are what I get... but sometimes they're a hit or miss type deal. The Nike Advantage Crew from last summer fits me perfectly in a medium... but the Nike Sphere React Crew (Fed wore at last wimbledon) is amazingly long in the arms and body for my taste. I'm 5'6''. I had some old Competition crews from Adidas, but they just were TOO loose, and they were mediums.

Douggo
07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm with XFactorer. Ususally, I buy XXL stuff, since I like my shirts loose. My only Adidas shirt, an XXL, is huge, much bigger than other stuff from Reebok, Nike, New Balance, etc., that I have. I'm 6'2". 210.

neo
07-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I received Adidas Men's Competition 4 Crew shirts few days ago and they are simply huge. I normally wear Large size shirts, including Adidas shirts for other sports, but these "Large" look like XXL to me. I just ordered one "Medium" to see how it goes. I am thinking I may even need "Small", considering how large this "Large" is.

Marat Safinator
07-15-2006, 03:49 PM
dont feel like xxl on me and im only 15.

tarheels2323
07-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I got the shirt in the mail yesterday (I got a small) and it fits me great. With any other manufacturer, I feel like the shirt would be at least a medium. My advice to anyone looking to buy Adidas shirts: go a size smaller than you normally would.

MTXR
07-15-2006, 06:33 PM
i was trying on some addidas stuff today, and their shorts are big too, i usually wear a medium for nike shorts but had to go to a small for addidas.

And yes there shirts are big.