PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic defecting...

HyperHorse
07-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I was just watching Wimbledon before and Fred Stolle mentioned
that Novak Djokovic is potentially seeking British citizenship....
does anyone know what is up with this???
Obviously he's dissatisfied with the government or living conditions or SOMETHING....
is it really that possible that he could get British citizenship?

Rhino
07-03-2006, 08:20 AM
I was just watching Wimbledon before and Fred Stolle mentioned
that Novak Djokovic is potentially seeking British citizenship....
does anyone know what is up with this???
Obviously he's dissatisfied with the government or living conditions or SOMETHING....
is it really that possible that he could get British citizenship?
wow, it's Henman/Rusedski all over again (Rusedski left Canada), Murray would be ****ed off to spend the better part of his career as British #2 behind a foreigner! I don't think this will happen.

malakas
07-03-2006, 08:21 AM
In an interview he has denied it all and said that he will continue to play for Serbia.But about his siblings I don't know.

Ripper
07-03-2006, 08:44 AM
As long as he's not defecating (in public), it's ok with me...

HyperHorse
07-04-2006, 01:39 AM
In an interview he has denied it all and said that he will continue to play for Serbia.But about his siblings I don't know.

So whats the story with his family???

pound cat
07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
So whats the story with his family???

He would not be defecting...Serbia isn't communist anymore ..there are no locks on its door. He would be asking for citizenship...and an EU passport via a short cut instead of waiting in line like everyone else does eg get a work permit, have a 5 year residency, appy for citizenship...

He and his brothers all play tennis, so they would be looking for free tennis lessons, free anything. And knowing that LTA is desperate for more Beitish players, he picked on England. (Likely knowing spain where they have good tennis facilities would have nothing to do with him unless he paid his own way)

Judging from his suspect antics on the tennis court and deluded vision of his own tennis...(I was in control of the match ( he lost) against Nadal...oh, right ) I wouldn't be surprised that he'd ask for a free lunch somewhere.