PDA

View Full Version : edberg looks very young

framebreaker
07-03-2006, 09:36 AM
edberg was watching a wimbledon match when the camera zoomed in on him. and i noticed that he doesn't look like a retired tennis star. he looks as young as many current tour pros.
guess lots of money and a carefree life don't make you age

lacoster
07-03-2006, 09:51 AM
same thing with German GQ Boris Becker and his blonde highlights....
________
Mary jane (http://maryjanes.info/)

flymeng
07-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Edberg looks youthful for his age. He still has his hair and hasn't put on much weight. I think blonde hair can blend/hide gray hair much better than dark hair.

I saw glimpses of Becker during the Germany vs. Argentina match. He has the trendy hair style where the middle part puffs up, similar to David Beckham.

Edberg and Becker have aged much better than Agassi and Sampras.

pound cat
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
It's leaving the forests & lakes of Sweden and moving to smoggy London that is keeping him young. And having small children.

BeautyVenus
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Actually Stefan has moved back to Sweden John McEnroe mentioned that. Stefan is now very involved with the Swedish tennis federation. I am glad that Stefan wants to help and support his country.

Noisy Ninja
07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
It was nice to see Edberg at his old stomping grounds. He definitely looked fit; playing tennis regularly in Sweden probably helps. Also nice to hear about his contribution to tennis in his homeland. That guy is the epitome of classiness.

hoosierbr
07-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Edberg mentioned in an interview a couple of years ago that when he played a lot of players had a one-handed backhand. Now all the young guys he helps play with two hands.

Just another example of how things have changed and evolved in tennis from one generation to the next.

irishbanger
07-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Not sure going to a 2 hander is "evolving"---all the really great backhands are 1 handers--Federer, Gasquet, Haas, Gaudio, Murray, Henin-Hardin, Mauresmo.

ATXtennisaddict
07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Edberg looks youthful for his age. He still has his hair and hasn't put on much weight. I think blonde hair can blend/hide gray hair much better than dark hair.

I saw glimpses of Becker during the Germany vs. Argentina match. He has the trendy hair style where the middle part puffs up, similar to David Beckham.

Edberg and Becker have aged much better than Agassi and Sampras.

true dat.

lacoster
07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Not sure going to a 2 hander is "evolving"---all the really great backhands are 1 handers--Federer, Gasquet, Haas, Gaudio, Murray, Henin-Hardin, Mauresmo.

Have you seen Andy Murray play tennis?
________
Natrium (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Natrium)

Viper
07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Edberg looks okay.

BECKER on the other hand looks like a drunken 37 year old country star <_<

hoosierbr
07-04-2006, 01:08 PM

There are some great two handers - Agassi and Safin are two prime examples. Plus, if you mean Andy Murray, he plays with two hands.

ubel
07-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Nadal's backhand can be very dirty at times as well, finding very sick angles and keeping him in the point often.

Marat Safinator
07-04-2006, 02:28 PM
agassi and safin have the best two handed backhands, federer's backhand is by far not a weapon.

emcee
07-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Nice to hear that about Edberg. Maybe constantly S+V'ing was easier on his body and his looks?

Golden Retriever
07-04-2006, 04:16 PM

What about Agassi, Safin, Nadal, Nalbandian.....................and virtually every women on tour? Nah, forget it, one hand is better, case settled.