PDA

View Full Version : Labadze - fat?????????

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 08:56 AM
why do many people here say he is fat, WHEN he was 42 in the world he was pretty slim, fit. Just seen him on tv vs nadal and doesnt look as fit but certainly not fat. whats up with all this fat? He's no berrer.

dubsplayer
07-03-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't remember which com it was (think it was John Barrett) but the year Iraki had that good run at IW, he said he had "child bearing hips."

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh thanks for clearing that up, yes I remember he got to the semi final and lost to henman quite easily.

armand
07-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Both Brad Gilbert and Enberger are saying he's fat. Gilbert's exaggerating but he's a bit funny.

They're saying he could lose 30lbs.

lacoster
07-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Nalbandian would be pround.
________
Lexus Is (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Lexus_IS)

Tahsin1982
07-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi guys just want to share this with you all...

I had the experience of playing a friendly match with Labadze friend, Alexander, who is currently coaching in Shangrilla Hotel in Singapore. He used to have a ranking back in USSR but quit playing tennis at a young age and just enjoys coaching more. He used to be Labadze hitting partner back in his junior days.

I am just a 4.0 recreational player and playing Alexander made me feel like a 2.0. His fitness is top class and his serves, esp the flat and kick serves are huge. Hitting winners against him is extremely hard. He plays more like a counter puncher, too bad he is not interested in competetive tennis anymore but just coaching. The exp playing him was great and made me realise how high the level of pro tennis is. :)

jaykay
07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Granted, there are light years of difference between the pro level and recreational level.

I must however point out that Labadze has no qualms whatsoever of exhibiting his ~40" waist when his shirt flaps out during the serve follow-thru.

As I mentioned in a diff thread, Labadze looks the type who would happily consume a steak/cheeseburger during the breaks, instead of bananas.

Hurray for the weekend warrior!!! :D ;)

tangerine
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Trust me, Lamaze-hips man is fat. He makes Taylor Dent look like Kate Moss.

punch
07-03-2006, 10:52 AM
lol Gilbert said Nadal runs a 4.2 forty, he said Labadze runs a negative 9.9 forty, but only gets up to 4.2 for a run to the beer vendor.

ACE of Hearts
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Labadze embarrased himself.:rolleyes:

jaykay
07-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Labadze embarrased himself.:rolleyes:

C'mon. It wasn't that bad. I think Labadze earned some respect for himself. Touring pros ranked far better than him have been decimated by Nadal for more modest scores.

I thought he played some good tennis, which had its entertaining moments.

MR. 81
07-03-2006, 11:37 AM
He has not the body shape of a pro. Period.

anyway his game didn't look so bad today

Richie Rich
07-03-2006, 03:10 PM
irakli is the modern day version of Karsten Braasch (for those of you old enough to remember the smoking, drinking, never practising, venus and serena whipping pro of years ago)

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
well Irakli doesnt look like the same guy in this photo http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=labadze&x=14&y=6 and do you still think he is 187lbs? I dont think so. He really surprised me today. He usedto look very clean, fit...hes not fat but not in a great shape really.

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
, venus and serena whipping pro of years ago)

what do you mean?