PDA

View Full Version : NBC slams West Coast tennis fans again, and again, and.......

BreakPoint
07-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Yup, NBC did it again with their ridiculous "10:00am in ALL TIME ZONES" B.S.! Not only did tennis fans on the West Coast not get any tennis coverage at all from 7:00am PST to 10:00am PST on either NBC nor ESPN2, they also forced ESPN2 to blackout their coverage from 10:00am PST onwards. So while you guys in the rest of the country are probably watching the Federer - Berdych match right now, we don't get to see that one at all! :mad:

Does it make any sense for NBC to hose the region of the country that probably has more tennis players and tennis fans than any other region of the country? :confused:

NBC really needs to wake up and smell the coffee. :rolleyes:

Oh, and according to the TV listings, it looks like NBC is going to do the same thing again tomorrow!

HollerOne5
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Yup, NBC did it again with their ridiculous "10:00am in ALL TIME ZONES" B.S.! Not only did tennis fans on the West Coast not get any tennis coverage at all from 7:00am PST to 10:00am PST on either NBC nor ESPN2, they also forced ESPN2 to blackout their coverage from 10:00am PST onwards. So while you guys in the rest of the country are probably watching the Federer - Berdych match right now, we don't get to see that one at all! :mad:

Does it make any sense for NBC to hose the region of the country that probably has more tennis players and tennis fans than any other region of the country? :confused:

NBC really needs to wake up and smell the coffee. :rolleyes:

Oh, and according to the TV listings, it looks like NBC is going to do the same thing again tomorrow!

Just subscribe to Wimbledon LIVE on the website, its not that expensive and you can watch any match you want. In the process, you are boycotting any NBC coverage.

Tennis_Monk
07-03-2006, 10:31 AM
NBC shoud be banned from covering Tennis. They dont provide coverage and they dont let someone else.

VamosRafa
07-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Wimbledon Live is allowing us on the West Coast to shrug our shoulders and say, too bad, NBC. Thank goodness we have other alternatives.

Andy Hewitt
07-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I despise NBC, anyone who whines about ESPN is an idiot.

Captain America
07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
No doubt there is a financial reason behind NBC's lack of flexibility. Drove me nuts when I lived on the left coast....

tangerine
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
The Federer-Berdych match was boring. You didn't miss anything.

The Nadal-Labadze and Nieminen-Tursunov matches were interesting though.

I love how ESPN/NBC has almost completely ignored the women's matches. :D I wish they would do this every year, it makes it easier for me to watch and tape the men's matches without all the extraneous women's matches eating up my time. :p

BreakPoint
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Now that NBC has ended their Wimbledon broadcast for today at 1:00pm PST, ESPN2 is still blacked out even though there's another 2 hours of coverage on ESPN2 until 3:00pm PST! Arghhh.......! :mad:

Moose Malloy
07-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Now that NBC has ended their Wimbledon broadcast for today at 1:00pm PST, ESPN2 is still blacked out even though there's another 2 hours of coverage on ESPN2 until 3:00pm PST!

I live in the west coast & the blackout ended at 1 pm for me. Maybe your cable provider has other issues.

this all time zones thing isn't new, I 've been living here for 6 years & have seen nbc do this every year. I've missed many 2nd week matches during that time.

they are doing this on wednesday as well, which is a shame. i was looking forward to the mens qf.

BreakPoint
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I live in the west coast & the blackout ended at 1 pm for me. Maybe your cable provider has other issues.

I have DirectTV satellite. Which cable provider do you have?

I checked again at 2:30pm PST and ESPN2 was still blacked out on my DirectTV.

It actually surprised me that they could blackout the West Coast since isn't DirectTV satellite supposed to be just one feed for the whole country? I mean, we're all getting the same programming off of the same satellite aren't we for the whole country? :confused:

Moose Malloy
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
i have comcast. you didn't miss anything good they just showed sharapova at 1 pm.

looks like the west coast missed all of nadal's match.
wonder which mens matches we'll miss on wednesday. not really concerned about mising out on the womens qf tomorrow.