PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Lessons

Scooter
03-04-2004, 06:42 AM
I'd love to learn how to string racquets but am not sure how to go about it. I don't want to spend all the money for a stringer yet but was curious to know if there is an instructional video out there or if someone knew a place in the bay area that would teach?[/code]

Jerry Seinfeld
03-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Scooter,

The USRSA maintains a database of MRT's who are willing to give stringing lessons. I beleive most will cahrege for the lesson, but it would be a great way to learn. Go to their website, www.racquettech.com and under the non-members section there is a link called "Get Stringing Lessons" This will take you to a part of the site where you can list your area and get a list of those nearby who give lessons.

There may be others who are not USRSA certified who will also give lessons, but I don't know of a resource for locating them.

Good luck!

Gaines Hillix
03-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Scooter,

You can also watch the videos on sptennis.com and get an idea of what is involved. Taking a lesson would be a good idea too. It would help you decide if it's something you'd really want to get into.

Match-Point
03-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Also the USRSA sells an interactive CD called "Racquet Service" that is very helpful and well done. In addition to stringing it covers:

Selecting Racquets.
Selecting Strings
Stringing Machines
Stringing
Gripping
Grommets & Guard
Stenciling
Customizing
Service Errors

You can purchase it through their web site: www.racquettech.com. for $75 for a nonmember or $60 for a member.

Scooter
03-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks All. BTW, the tennis episode was just on Seinfeld.