PDA

View Full Version : Fed vs. Bags final?

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Who thinks there will be a Fed vs. Bags final?

I do, and I think Fed will win.

ACE of Hearts
07-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Nope.Too early too tell.Ancic will be a tough matchup for Fed.Dont sleep on it yet.I am thinking more Fed vs Nadal or Fed vs Hewitt.

malakas
07-03-2006, 03:33 PM
If it is..then there is no doubt in the world that Fed will win it.;)
But..I hope that Marcos will manage to get past Hewitt and pull it off against the..clay-courter!:p
Though Nadal will be very tough for Marcos.

Freedom
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
I'd bet Fed is hoping for a final against Nadal, just so he can get some revenge.

Rhino
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
you could be onto something here TacoBellBorderBowl1946.
(Unless it's Bjorkman vs Nieminen)

dmastous
07-05-2006, 01:49 PM
(Unless it's Bjorkman vs Nieminen)
Surprisingly, that may happen.:shock:

Simon Cowell
07-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I'd bet Fed is hoping for a final against Nadal, just so he can get some revenge.

Trust me, Federer wants no part of Nadal. Nadal's game is too superior for Federer to handle. Plus Nadal has an extreme mental edge over Federer who will likely wilt under pressure if he has to face him again.

arnz
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Surprisingly, that may happen.:shock:

What a final that would be!!! :mrgreen:

TXKiteboarder
07-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Trust me, Federer wants no part of Nadal. Nadal's game is too superior for Federer to handle. Plus Nadal has an extreme mental edge over Federer who will likely wilt under pressure if he has to face him again.

what a unbiased astute judgement. this guy must be fed's psychologist since you know so much about his mental abilities.

did anyone see how serious fed looked on the court? he didnt even smile or smirked. he knows that now it is getting serious and goodluck to anyone who has to face him.

i dont care who goes against fed, long as he wins and it is not a boring final.

e

d_frank
07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
There doesnt seem to be much support for Marcos :p

that said, I think it will happen, and Rog will win.

MasterTS
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
HAHAHAHA of course susan votes for no..

Sometimes the heart is dumber than the brain.

diegaa
07-05-2006, 02:18 PM
HAHAHAHA of course susan votes for no..

Sometimes the heart is dumber than the brain.

and you voted for baggy to win..... :rolleyes:

KBalla08
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM

ya same here

Marat Safinator
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
and you voted for baggy to win..... :rolleyes:

yes and it may happen.

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
but the problem is , is that federer at the momenti s unstoppable as he annihated ancic is 3 sets.

Simon Cowell
07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
but the problem is , is that federer at the momenti s unstoppable as he annihated ancic is 3 sets.

Federer unstoppable? Tell that to Nadal who slapped him around 4 different times this year. Nadal's superior tennis game and superior warrior mentality can overcome any surface vs. Federer.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
well, now they are both in the semis. Fed will beat Bjorkman and Bags will probably beat Nieminin/Nadal. My prediction is looking good ATM .

malakas
07-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Thing is..if Nieminen beats Nadal and beats Marcos and goes to the final..he will make it top ten and Marcos will stay to number 12..:(

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Marcos's ranking will go up 100%, remember he got out in the first round of Wimby last year. A semifinalist or possibly a runner up would surely get him a huge amount of ranking points.

bagung
07-05-2006, 04:25 PM
no way..... final is between nadal & fed again

diegaa
07-05-2006, 05:18 PM
yes and it may happen.

of course it MIGHT, but do you actually believe that bags will defeat federer in a possible final?

fastdunn
07-05-2006, 05:25 PM
How about Bjorkman vs Nieminen final ?
That would some final, out of nowhere...

jaykay
07-05-2006, 05:28 PM

THAT, is what one would call out-of-the-box thinking.

That would also mean utter blasphemy... complete sacrilege.

The Rafa-lusters and Fed-lovers might flame you to death, be warned.

It would be might cool, though.

dh003i
07-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Federer unstoppable? Tell that to Nadal who slapped him around 4 different times this year. Nadal's superior tennis game and superior warrior mentality can overcome any surface vs. Federer.

Wow, you really are a blind nutcase moron fanboy.

Take Nadal's absolute best match at Wimbledon so far this year. That best form wouldn't beat the worst Federer has played on grass this year. It wouldn't beat half of the worst Federer's played this year at Wimbledon.

Federer is simply too good on grass. He's demolished a very tough draw. Meanwhile, Nadal has struggled against a very easy draw. Nadal doesn't have a chance against Federer in the finals.

Of course, it isn't even likely that he make it to the finals, or the semi-finals. In any event, Baghdatis is also too good on grass to be beaten by Nadal; at least if Baghdatis is playing good. Baghdatis isn't perfectly consistent yet, but he has been great at the Wimbledon so far. Baghdatis has been much more impressive at W so-far than Nadal, and will destroy Nadal. Nadal couldn't beat Hewitt, Baghdatis dominated him.

In any event, Baghdatis would give Federer more trouble at the Wimbledon final than Nadal. He's a much more difficult opponent.

TXKiteboarder
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
they are both such a nice guys and good sportsmen. it is really hard to cheer for one but not expect other to do well also. the whole AO final, i didnt know who i should cheer for. the guy who was unexpected final contender or guy who was number 1.

i just hope that it is a good final and I will be happy for roger or bag-boy.

i am glad the new younger players are such a good guys and not the hewitt and sharopova types that pump themselves for even unforced errors by opponents.

it tells me we have a good stock of players coming in the future. i am sure JMac was great, but his attitude oncourt was totally unsportsman like.

TXKiteboarder
07-05-2006, 06:00 PM

yeah, if you think the tv rating were bad enough with roger and nadal in final, wait for the dismal ratings on that one.

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
wow!Imagine a Finn and a Swede in the finals!:shock:
An all-Scadinavian final!!

TXKiteboarder
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
IF bag-boy makes it to the final, does it mean that he also has a good chance of getting to the final at US Open?

i can imagine with the strong pro-greek crowd in NYC, get ready for another exciting bags matches at US Open. I am sure they will turn up to support him lik e AO matches. I hope I get to go see him at US Open.

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Actually London has many cypriots too..not greeks-greeks but greeks-cypriots .Don't know though why they didn't show up to support him.:(
Probably too obssesed with the WC..:(

bluescreen
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
i'd love to see bags when i go to U.S. Open this year, that would supply some great memories.

Rhino
07-05-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah, if you think the tv rating were bad enough with roger and nadal in final, wait for the dismal ratings on that one.
The TV ratings for the final will be huge!
Maybe not in America since there are no Americans, but everywhere else. A Nadal - Federer final at Wimbledon would be off the scale in Europe/Australasia

= marios =
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
wow!Imagine a Finn and a Swede in the finals!:shock:
An all-Scadinavian final!!

If Bags beats Nadal i'd like to see someone other than Federer in the final, for purely selfish reasons. I think Bags will crumble under the pressure of yet another final witn Fed, but if he was to play against an easier opponent and maybe win it would be a huge confidence boost! It would put new pressure on him, for sure, but at least he'd have a Grand Slam title (the most important one of all) and he could start building his legacy from there.

= marios =
07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Actually London has many cypriots too..not greeks-greeks but greeks-cypriots .Don't know though why they didn't show up to support him.:(
Probably too obssesed with the WC..:(

There are lots of "greeks-greeks" too.

It's a shame he doesn't get a good crowd over there. Hopefully, his family will be there to cheer him on in the semi.

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
lol,mario maybe for patriotic reasons but..there is less than 5% chance that Fed will actually lose to Bjorkman!!;)
I can perfectly well unederstand why you want it.I want it for the same reasons and for something more.The boost of tennis in the region!(well..one can only hope!)
But...well..it won't happen..:(

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
There are lots of "greeks-greeks" too.

It's a shame he doesn't get a good crowd over there. Hopefully, his family will be there to cheer him on in the semi.

Yeah?I had tottaly forgot about the Cypriots in London but another Cypriot(Baghdamania) reminded me of them..But not so many greeks.Mostly greek students and doctors..;)
Yeah!You should organise a greek-cypriot armada there and ..attack the wimby stands!!!;)

Exia
07-05-2006, 06:25 PM
THIS DUDE WILL BEAT FEDERER

HIS RACKET HEAD IS 69 sq in!!

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/07/06/fab.jpg

= marios =
07-05-2006, 06:31 PM
I bet Marcos will watch a video of Greece 2004 (highlights, not a whole game cause he'd fall asleep and miss the match) before his game against Nadal to get pumped up and get in the right mindset. He's a huge football (soccer) fan.

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:37 PM
I know.What team?Appolon Limassus or..AEL?I think appolon.Will you go to the match he organises appolon vs Baghdatis select team??
If you go..don't forget..POST PICS!!!!!;)

= marios =
07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
I know.What team?Appolon Limassus or..AEL?I think appolon.Will you go to the match he organises appolon vs Baghdatis select team??
If you go..don't forget..POST PICS!!!!!;)

He's an Apollon Limassol fan, yes.

I didn't know he was organising a match like that. Is it for charity or to help the team financially? Anyway, i doubt i'll be going...

TXKiteboarder
07-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Humor in Federer's interview:

Q. I believe Michael Stich during the rain break saw you watching the telly. John McEnroe was praising you. Eventually, you became uncomfortable because he was going on and on about how good you were. How does that feel, to hear him say good things?

ROGER FEDERER: He says he beats half of the players blindfolded, you know, I was like, Yeah, right, you know. We're not that far yet.

malakas
07-05-2006, 06:54 PM
He's an Apollon Limassol fan, yes.

I didn't know he was organising a match like that. Is it for charity or to help the team financially? Anyway, i doubt i'll be going...

For charity.Check out his website:www.baghdatis.com
Why not?It's not like there are going to be sooo many fans anyway!;)
Hope that Marcos does well.Really.Our tennis needs it!:neutral:

arosen
07-05-2006, 07:05 PM

I was surprised myself how little cheer he was getting from the crowd. This guy has the best smile on tour, he wears his emotions on his sleeve, extremely good-natured, and they were totally ignoring him. Go figure.

allez
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM

Simon got it right on. Fed needs to win this one just to be sure he is still the king. It's a lose-lose situation for Fed to play Nadal on grass. If Fed wins, no big deal, it's expected. He Fed loses or wins by slim margin, Fed can only prove he is 2nd best to Nadal.

The key thing is Nadal physically beats up everyone, including Fed, right now. He can run down a lot of balls. Fed felt like he was playing a wall when he played Nadal and got more and more frustrated as the matches went on. His game looks brilliant against everyone else except Nadal. Still have doubt, just watch the last few time they played, including the one on hard court in Dubai.

tennis334
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I think the probably of a Federer-Nadal final is not as good as a Federer-Baghdatis final. Nadal has been playing out of his mind this past week and a half. He's been serving very well, and his speed alone allows him to win a lot of points. However, look at the matches hes struggled in. Kendrick - a big server. Marcos has a very underrated serve. He had like 16 aces against Hewitt, I think Marcos can win a lot of free points on his serve. Labadze - Not really a total struggle, but his shot making ability kept him close in the sets. Marcos can track a lot of balls down, and has the ability to really punish his groundies. I think he can keep Nadal off balance with a good combination of serving, decent returning, big groundies, and a lot of volley winners.

Roger_federer
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
I think for sure that this year's final will be Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

siber222000
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
yep yep, but that won't happen because baghdatis is gonna beat nadal ;)

Tennis_Goodness
07-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Federer is going to beat whoever is in the final, he's just so much better then everybody else!

dingo
07-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I also think Fed wants no part of Nadal in the final. The court is almost a clay court already. Nadal won't give up and will chase down everything Ancic couldn't in his dreams. I am sure Fed has a mental issue with Nadal. Everyone's expectation for Fed to win would put some extra pressure on Fed just like he had that extra pressure of winning Roger slam at the French. So, in light of all this it's just unreasonable to think that Fed is dreaming dreaming about playing Nadal in the final... as much as I like Fed's game.

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 01:51 AM
I have to agree that chances are that it will be a Bag vs. Fed final and Fed will win.

But there is also a fairly good chance that Nadal will make it to the finals....in which case Nadal would absolutely beat Fed because Feds knees will be too busy quivering.

Chang
07-06-2006, 01:57 AM

This is grass not clay, Fed will have Nadal scrambling around the court and you won't want to watch it.

Nadal has gotta get past Niemenem first.

sinatra161
07-06-2006, 02:00 AM
I voted yes for a Bags vs. Fed final,but I think Fed will take it in 4...Unless he gets injured (God forbid,Knock on wood)I don't see anyone able to beat him on grass at least not this year...

Chang
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM

Let Nadal face Gasquet, Henman, Mahut, Berdych and Ancic. He'll get his arse whooped, let alone not dropping a set against them.

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 02:03 AM
This is grass not clay, Fed will have Nadal scrambling around the court and you won't want to watch it.

How will Fed be able to do that and cry like a baby at the same time? Fed would crumble. Lucky for you that Nadal will pobably not make it to the finals.

You are a traitor to the house of "Chang". Any Chang fan should learly be a Nadal fan.

Chang
07-06-2006, 02:05 AM
yep yep, but that won't happen because baghdatis is gonna beat nadal ;)

Niemenen will probably beat Nadal cause he's got a pretty good serve and plays with quite some pace.

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Niemenen will probably beat Nadal cause he's got a pretty good serve and plays with quite some pace.

and you girls predicted:

1. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

2. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

3. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

4. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

5. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

6. fed was going to beat Nadal ...and you were wrong

Do you see a pattern here?