PDA

View Full Version : federer's surprise

zampano
07-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Q. It's a long way off, of course, but if this were to come down to a final between you and Rafael Nadal, what do you think that would do for the development of the rivalry, how might that fuel even more interest in men's tennis?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, it's not all me and him, you know. Even though the attention was very big throughout the clay court season because we played in three finals, and before that just leading up we were playing in Dubai, too, in the finals. Obviously, it would be sort of interesting now on grass, you know. We don't know how good he still is, you know, because he had a pretty good draw so far, even though Andre, you know, is a tough player. Obviously, if he made the final, that would be quite a surprise, I think, to many, even though, you know, he's such a good player that you could expect him to.
Q. To what degree would it surprise even you?
ROGER FEDERER: Well, to a certain degree (smiling).
Q. Can you elaborate?
ROGER FEDERER: No, I mean, he hits the ball so well, you know. He's a good mover. So obviously, he's got, you know, that strength going for him. And then obviously the confidence and everything. So that makes a big difference in the game.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2006-07-03/200607031151950992375.html

FEDEXP
07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Where is the surprise?

Rhino
07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
is this post just bait for yet more fed vs rafa debates?

Marat Safinator
07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
yes it probably is.