PDA

View Full Version : Who is this WTA?? *WARNING*

Exia
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
http://www.extremesportclips.com/viewvideo.php?vid=867&sec=ct&cid=25&PHPSESSID=2cd4dd1d809d61188012a4483c4f5f06

Who is she?

MUST MAKE YOUR EYES WATER

FedererUberAlles
07-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Tatiana Golovin

OUUUUCH!

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:01 PM
thats fast

thanks.

the funny thing is that after that her trainer taped her up to play on but shortly after she soon retired!!

Golovin tore two ligaments and bruised a bone when she twisted her ankle and fell chasing a shot in the third set of her match Thursday night against Maria Sharapova...

Golovin will be in a cast for 10 days, the tour said. She hopes to return for the clay court tournament in Berlin beginning May 8, three weeks before the French Open

Court_Jester
07-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Damn my curiosity! I shouldn't have looked! :mad:

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
wta profile

Racquet: Volkl Catapult V1 Order Online
Clothing: Lacoste
Shoes: [B][I]
Adidas Barricade 3 Order Online

EDIT it is now revealed she was wearing Nike Air Lumify NOT Adidas Barricade 3 shoes.

Freedom
07-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Man, I remember seeing that match on TV. And Sharapova wouldn't even look at her as she tried to work with the trainer and stand up.

Phil
07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
And you can see how UGLY Sharapova's forehand is on that point...most overrated player on both tours.

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Damn my curiosity! I shouldn't have looked! :mad:

dont worry dude see recovered just under 2 months after that.

[only to get knocked out of the French open in the first round]

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:14 PM
was she wearing Barricade 3s? I thought they have good ankle support

AdvocateTDV
07-03-2006, 06:15 PM
And the next question is...does anyone know of products we can purchase to prevent that from happening to us? Please provide info...thanks.

BTW, that looked FREAKING PAINFUL.

Freedom
07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Stop the clip 10-12 seconds in. You can see she is wearing Nike shoes.

Exia
And the next question is...does anyone know of products we can purchase to prevent that from happening to us? Please provide info...thanks.

this is proof why women should not play 5 set matches (they played over 3 hours at that point) get tired start forgetting the correct footwork....

jaykay
Yep, I saw this on tv and it hurt to even look.

Btw, this event caused REALLY bad p.r. for Sharapova who got flamed by several on this forum for her apparent apathy.

Golovin, btw, played a fantastic match, staged an unbelievable comeback and was killing Shriekapova in this match, upto this point... when she turned her ankle in that ugly fashion.

Also, Golovin designs her own clothes and I shall refrain from commenting on her sense of style...

FedererUberAlles
07-03-2006, 06:22 PM

Ankle braces

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Stop the clip 10-12 seconds in. You can see she is wearing Nike shoes.

i see her official gear on THE* wta site says Adidas Barricade 3. whats going on there?

was she wearing plain old trainers. if so then no wonder this happened

Court_Jester
07-03-2006, 06:26 PM
dont worry dude see recovered just under 2 months after that.

[only to get knocked out of the French open in the first round]
Only two months with an injury like that?! That is impressive. I wouldn't have known that, seeing her with Sharapova around town making public appearances. Both of them attended the Pistons-Heat playoff game in Miami recently.

lacoster
07-03-2006, 06:27 PM
It's the Nike Air Lumify. I saw that match; Golovin had the momentum but unfortunately that had to happen...
________
R. BRYAN (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_R._Bryan)

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Only two months with an injury like that?! That is impressive. I wouldn't have known that, seeing her with Sharapova around town making public appearances. Both of them attended the Pistons-Heat playoff game in Miami recently.

IT HAPPENED MARTCH 30TH 2006 and the FO in may so she could have played in between them but i'm not sure.

Exia
07-03-2006, 06:36 PM
It's the Nike Air Lumify. I saw that match; Golovin had the momentum but unfortunately that had to happen...

talk about punishment for wearing the wrong shoes!!

ankle braces
that's like saying that wearing a seat belt will prevent you from getting killed in a accident.

better footwork would be a goo start. Federer is a good example of that

FedererUberAlles
07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
talk about punishment for wearing the wrong shoes!!

that's like saying that wearing a seat belt will prevent you from getting killed in a accident.

better footwork would be a goo start. Federer is a good example of that

You'd have to mess up pretty badly to hurt your ankle with braces on, just like having a seatbelt on during an accident and dying would only be under extreme circumstances. Ever wonder why cops always say "I've never pulled a dead person out of a car accident and had to unbuckle a seatbelt (something like this, sorry I don't know the exact quote)"

Exia
07-29-2006, 04:22 PM

that shoe does not exist

Big Fed
07-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Ouch!!!!!!

sandiegotennisboy
07-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Do Not Buy Those Shoes!!!!

adlis
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
OUUUUCH that is awful. women are more prone to this for some reason...

OrangeOne
11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
And you can see how UGLY Sharapova's forehand is on that point...most overrated player on both tours.

Sharapova plays on both tours? ;)

OO
....always amused by the amiguity of our wonderful language

Tempest344
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
as previously mentioned the worst thing was that Sharapova did not seem to care

lack of empathy

lacoster
11-28-2007, 06:47 PM
that shoe does not exist

Sorry, but you're going to have to eat your words there...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.racquetmaster.co.uk/images/FTWR-312539-161-3-DY.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.racquetmaster.co.uk/tennis-ladies-nike-lumify-p-142.html&h=280&w=400&sz=12&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=DLs6bRpmYFZN5M:&tbnh=87&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnike%2Bair%2Blumify%26svnum%3D10%26um %3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLJ%26sa%3DN

Since then, Golovin has been wearing ASO braces on both ankles...

Topaz
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Golovin wears Asics now.

fuzzfactory
11-28-2007, 06:55 PM
this is kind of off-topic, but im just gonna bash on sharapova.

my friend's brother plays on the UCLA tennis team, and he has played with sharapova (who hits at their bruins courts occasionally) many times. he is D1 and so he wins ~75% of their matches, but he says that sharapova is the biggest b**** there is. she throws tantrums when she loses and has horrible sportsmanship.

yep. and a funny thing is, he says he could actually have a better ratio against her if she wasnt so hot that it makes him nervous lol.

Tempest344
11-29-2007, 03:13 AM
this is kind of off-topic, but im just gonna bash on sharapova.

my friend's brother plays on the UCLA tennis team, and he has played with sharapova (who hits at their bruins courts occasionally) many times. he is D1 and so he wins ~75% of their matches, but he says that sharapova is the biggest b**** there is. she throws tantrums when she loses and has horrible sportsmanship.

yep. and a funny thing is, he says he could actually have a better ratio against her if she wasnt so hot that it makes him nervous lol.

yeah I can certainly imagine Sharapova being what your friend's brother described

it just makes me want Ivanovic or Henin to pound her into the ground even more!!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
11-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Sorry, but you're going to have to eat your words there...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.racquetmaster.co.uk/images/FTWR-312539-161-3-DY.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.racquetmaster.co.uk/tennis-ladies-nike-lumify-p-142.html&h=280&w=400&sz=12&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=DLs6bRpmYFZN5M:&tbnh=87&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnike%2Bair%2Blumify%26svnum%3D10%26um %3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLJ%26sa%3DN

Since then, Golovin has been wearing ASO braces on both ankles...

So much those braces, because it seems every spring she has ankle injuries.

tennisfan_23
11-30-2007, 07:09 AM
OUCH.

Gotta be careful out there. It's one thing to hustle, another to disregard footwork and just go all out. That's when injuries happen. =/

akv89
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM

I think someone mentioned ankle braces. I seem to have a natural tendency to twist my ankles. I twisted my ankle once around 5 years ago while playing basketball and had a cartilage fracture. After recovering, it happened again while playing tennis a year later. Ever since, I've been wearing ankle braces every time that I play sports that require me to put stress on my ankles. They really help too because there have been incidences when I would definitely have twisted my ankles again had it not been for the braces.

Klatu Verata Necktie
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
as previously mentioned the worst thing was that Sharapova did not seem to care

lack of empathy

I was at that match. While the crowd was giving Sharapova a hard time for "not caring", she was trying to stay warm and concentrated so she could eventually win her professional match.

I was a bit disappointed that people would boo her at the stadium, as if her concern would magically heal her ankle. It is possible that the two women had some kind words over ice cream and scented candles in the locker room after the match, but a WTA match is serious business.

Tempest344
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM
I was at that match. While the crowd was giving Sharapova a hard time for "not caring", she was trying to stay warm and concentrated so she could eventually win her professional match.

I was a bit disappointed that people would boo her at the stadium, as if her concern would magically heal her ankle. It is possible that the two women had some kind words over ice cream and scented candles in the locker room after the match, but a WTA match is serious business.

perhaps but I've seen many matches where the other player comes over to see if the player injured is ok
eg this Year Tommy Haas vs Andy Murray at Indian Wells