PDA

View Full Version : Agassi, "You have to be Roger Federer on grass"

edberg505
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
'You have to play a good match to beat him,' Agassi said, 'or you have to be Roger, on grass.'

After his match against Nadal.

Simon Cowell
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
'You have to play a good match to beat him,' Agassi said, 'or you have to be Roger, on grass.'

Interesting. I think you have to be better than Federer on grass to beat Nadal on grass.

doriancito
07-03-2006, 07:06 PM

true true....wise man there

tarheels2323
07-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Interesting. I think you have to be better than Federer on grass to beat Nadal on grass.

Not even remotely true. It has been four years and 45 matches since Fed lost on grass. Nadal may still have Fed on clay (for the time being), but it will be a cold day in he!! when Nadal beats one of the greatest grass-courters of all time on his best surface. My prediction: when Fed is all done, Borg's five Wimbys in a row will pale in comparison to what Roger has done. I'm not knocking Nadal, he's a great player and even greater competitor and he's learning quickly but nobody at this stage has what it takes to beat Roger on grass. Plus, Rafa is going to lose to Hewitt in the quarters :D .

emcee
07-03-2006, 07:39 PM

All hail this TW poster! He knows more than Andre Agassi!!!

FEDEXP
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
"Interesting. I think you have to be better than Federer on grass to beat Nadal on grass".... with the pseudonym Simon Cowell

This is a mediocrity passing as an "America Idol" financially astute fellow, coming up with wishful thinking......

dh003i
07-03-2006, 08:24 PM
anyone who thinks Nadal will beat Federer on grass is dimwitted

Ztalin
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
"Interesting. I think you have to be better than Federer on grass to beat Nadal on grass".... with the pseudonym Simon Cowell

This is a mediocrity passing as an "America Idol" financially astute fellow, coming up with wishful thinking......

No.. the guy's just a troll. I haven't read a single intelligent post of his. Everything is just Federer bashing. He'll hush up when Nadal loses. Until then, just ignore him.

Rickson
07-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Nice trolling post. Nadal's chances of taking a single set off of Federer on grass are far less than Federer's chances of beating Nadal on clay period.

dh003i
07-03-2006, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Federer knocked Nadal out at the finals in straight 6-0's, if Nadal makes it that far.

tnig469
07-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Plus, Rafa is going to lose to Hewitt in the quarters :D .

u mean semis.....

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-03-2006, 08:55 PM
either Hewitt or Marcos will take Nadal out, ignore Simon Cowell

vive le beau jeu !
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
No.. the guy's just a troll. I haven't read a single intelligent post of his. Everything is just Federer bashing. He'll hush up when Nadal loses. Until then, just ignore him.
that's for trolls like him that the TW ignore list was invented ! ;)
PS: i didn't know yet about his nickname but now i see it's coherent with the character...

HollerOne5
07-04-2006, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Federer knocked Nadal out at the finals in straight 6-0's, if Nadal makes it that far.

Wow, really intelligent post huh?

brolycjw
07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
I don't think straight 6-0s for Federer is possible, considering Nadal has a pretty good service game and has only been broken few times in every match. Even on grass, Federer would take Nadal 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 at best.

Btw, how do I add someone to the ignore list, i'm sick of the simon cowell guy, his comments are just ********.

Polaris
07-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Btw, how do I add someone to the ignore list, i'm sick of the simon cowell guy, his comments are just ********.

You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait till you encounter Messrs devila and The Pusher Terminator. They are the real deal, the Lavers and Borgs of the trolling universe. Simon is just a little cookie in comparison. :D.

Click on User CP at the left of the top menubar. Then on the left hand side menu, at the bottom, click on Buddy/Ignore List, and fill up the (un)desired usernames.

Captain America
07-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Hats off to Nadal for showing a lot of improvement on grass. A lot people (like me) didn't think he'd get as far as he has in the tourney. He obviously has a lot to prove before he's mentioned in the same sentence as Fed on grass, but he's showing that he has the game to compete on all surfaces.

emcee
07-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Nadal's improved but he's also faced pretty easy opponents and made mediocre players look pretty good in the process.

If he beats Hewitt or Marcos, then I'll say he's a darn good grass player too. But so far, he's just had a dream draw. And yeah, to his credit, he has been serving better.

Buzzlightyear
07-04-2006, 06:55 PM
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait till you encounter Messrs devila and The Pusher Terminator. They are the real deal, the Lavers and Borgs of the trolling universe. Simon is just a little cookie in comparison. :D.

;)

Viper
07-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I want to see a Fed-Rafa final on grass. Only thing. It would either boost Federer's confidence if he wins, or competely destroy it if he loses.

vive le beau jeu !
07-05-2006, 12:54 AM
maybe this would deserve a poll for determining who is the "TOAT"... :rolleyes:
but please allow me multiple choices !!! ;)