PDA

View Full Version : Considering changing strings

theartoftennis
07-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I currently use Wilson Stamina Synthetic Gut 16g at 58. I kinda feel like this string is too soft for me. I'd like to move to a stiffer poly, or maybe go up in tension. I recently had my racquet restrung, but my good friend(the stringer) happend to not have anymore Gamma Zo string anymore. He, instead used Prince Synthetic Gut 16g at 59 to see if that would help. It felt pretty good at first, but I'd like to go even stiffer.

Do you think I should go up in tension, or search for a stiffer string? I have no problems creating pace.

Valjean
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
The recommended tension range on your racquet is 53-63. If the additional four lbs. isn't tight enough, you might try Gamma's Synthetic Gut, the one with Wearguard. But why should you be wanting to move to a stiffer string to begin with?

theartoftennis
07-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Many reasons. I hate the sound softer strings make. I don't like the feel of a rubber band flinging the ball across the court. I believe I can feel the ball better with stiffer strings, believe it or not.

Valjean
07-04-2006, 03:30 AM
Maybe you'd just better see what he has available, though, as well; he may not have a lot of choices for you, did you ever think of that?

Punisha
07-04-2006, 03:42 AM
s t r i n g f o r u m . n e t

Chek is out :)