PDA

View Full Version : To determine who is really better, Federer or Nadal

dragonxking
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
alright iono but its just an idea but like you know how federer is poonage on grass and nadal is poonage on clay. what if they made a tennis court that is half grass, and half clay. then throw in federer and nadal and have em go at it. both players will have equal opportunity to be on both grass and clay since you guys know the rules about changing courts etc. just an idea. :)

FEDEXP
07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
tennis players don't star in reality shows (at least so far) thank God.......

FedererUberAlles
07-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Why does it matter? Why can't we just enjoy them both?

dragonxking
07-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Why does it matter? Why can't we just enjoy them both?

i just like the whole rivalry thing and personally im a federer fan. like you can't be a lakers fan and watch their game and be like "lets enjoy them both". youll be like "go lakers! die boston!" or something like that

textbook strokes
07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Man... you are in the grass (smoking) season!:D

mistapooh
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Haha, I actually think it's very clever! Games might take forever though if you change ends every odd game. Fed would return from clay and be down a game, wins his serve against Rafa on grass haha.

SCARLETRUBIES
07-04-2006, 01:28 AM
you are sick!
-------------------
federer---nadal
-------------------
nadal---federer
-------------------
federer---nadal
-------------------
nadal---federer
------------------

why can't you be original and post something new, controversial, interesting, riveting, current........anything!

zampano
07-04-2006, 04:45 AM
we'll have to wait until they both retire.

shawn1122
07-04-2006, 07:17 AM
I like the idea.

|-------------------------------- baseline
|
| clay grass
|
|---------------|---------------- service line
| |
| grass | clay
| |
|---------------|---------------- net
| |
| clay | grass
| |
|
| grass clay
|

dragonxking
07-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I like the idea.

|
| clay grass
|
| |
| grass | clay
| |
| |
| clay | grass
| |
|
| grass clay
|

i kinda pictured it one side of net grass, and the other side of the net clay but thats a good idea too

Chang
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Federer can take sets of Nadal on clay but I doubt Nadal can take sets of Federer on grass.

Tennis_Goodness
07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Federer is better!

Breaker
07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Nadal would spam to the Federer backhand on the clay part of the court, not sure if Roger would really have a chance here lol.

Andres
07-04-2006, 05:59 PM
i kinda pictured it one side of net grass, and the other side of the net clay but thats a good idea too
That's not good.
Whenever they change courts, Federer will have the clay part on his backhand, and Nadal will destroy it with high kicking forehands, like he always does ;)

emcee
07-04-2006, 06:03 PM
I like the idea.

|
| clay grass
|
| |
| grass | clay
| |
| |
| clay | grass
| |
|
| grass clay
|

Fed wins. Nadal can't kick it up to Fed's backhand because it'll always be on grass unless Nadal hits it short in which case Fed can wait for it to drop anyway. A court like this is too crazy anywhoo. What happens if you're sliding on the clay section and slide right into grass? You'd stop abruptly and probably fall on your face! The big loser of this match would be Nike.

Andres
07-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Fed wins. Nadal can't kick it up to Fed's backhand because it'll always be on grass unless Nadal hits it short in which case Fed can wait for it to drop anyway. A court like this is too crazy anywhoo. What happens if you're sliding on the clay section and slide right into grass? You'd stop abruptly and probably fall on your face! The big loser of this match would be Nike.
Ever heard of "change courts" ?

shawn1122
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
|
| clay grass
|
| |
| grass | clay
| |
| |
| clay | grass
| |
|
| grass clay
|

Ever heard of "change courts" ?

The court has been calibrated to ensure that Federer always has his backhand on grass...

superman1
07-04-2006, 07:28 PM
So you have one half clay and one half grass and the players switch sides every odd game. It's actually an interesting concept, although the players would have to change shoes each time they switched sides.

TennisDog
07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
We already know who is better. Nadal is the only player Federer has lost against this year and Nadal has a 6-1 record vs Federer. End of discussion

Andres
07-04-2006, 07:52 PM
The court has been calibrated to ensure that Federer always has his backhand on grass...
Of course, and Nadal has his forehand on grass, where it bounces lower, and messes his western forehand, because of the hitting zone.

That doesn't sound too fair, it's an advantage for Federer on one side, and a disadvantage for Nadal on the other side. So it's Fed 2-0 Nadal :D

sliceroni
07-04-2006, 08:09 PM
This thread is hilarious :) in reality, I'd just like to see them meet in the final, then you can see the separation and why Fed has hatricked.. Fed is improving on clay though. Nadal has to make it past Hewitt, who I think is one of the better grasscourters, he's got wins against Sampras on grass.

shawn1122
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Hewitt needs to get past Baghdatis first.

sliceroni
07-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Damn, pop ur collar shawn you were right. Was a great match

Simon Cowell
07-05-2006, 04:19 PM
So it's Fed 2-0 Nadal :D

Actually it's 4-0 to Nadal this year if you bothered to look at my sig. Over and out.

shawn1122
07-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Actually it's 4-0 to Nadal this year if you bothered to look at my sig. Over and out.
Three of which are on clay.

Andres
07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, did you even bothered to read my post about advantages and disadvantages of the court?

No, of course you didn't, otherwise, you shouldn't be posting those stupid things.

(And this is not coming from a Federer fan, in fact, I hate Federer)

Baghdatis72
05-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Well it seems that your idea was actually made real by the Spanish and tomorrow Federer and Nadal are playing on such a court. In fact it's in 10 hours and 50 minutes :)

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
05-01-2007, 04:01 PM
federer is def better, its just that nadal is the king of clay, federer fought the best hard courters and nadal just loses to em

Forehand Forever
05-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I like the idea.

|
| clay grass
|
| |
| grass | clay
| |
| |
| clay | grass
| |
|
| grass clay
|

That would be in like Mario Tennis or something.