PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's service return

fastdunn
07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
His return on his forehand side just look awkward.
It's like watching Kimiko Date's serve return
who played with right hand while she was left handed.

He is not going to win Wimbledon or slams on hard courts
with that kins of returns....

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
07-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Right...well here are the statistics that allow for the conclusion that he has a pretty darn good return of serve: http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/

tonysk83
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Even though Nadal has great returning stats, his forehand return didn't look very good today, then again, I haven't watched him enough to comment accurately on it.

Side note:

Top 3 players with # of aces: All croatians

edberg505
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
His return on his forehand side just look awkward.
It's like watching Kimiko Date's serve return
who played with right hand while she was left handed.

He is not going to win Wimbledon or slams on hard courts
with that kins of returns....

Hahaha, I remember her. She wasn't naturally right handed either. She's a natural lefty but was force to play with her right hand. It was kind of an akward swing.

Saito
07-03-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.michaelkrumm.com/images/mikescorner8.jpg

I'd tap it... :)

Wait... we're talking about serve returns...... umm yeah... Good job Nadal... practice hard, it'll get better buddy.. who cares if it looks funny... as long as it goes in right??

I'd still hit it... Kimiko that is...:p

snoflewis
07-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Side note:

Top 3 players with # of aces: All croatians

you know what surprises me more? the fact that karlovic played 1 less match than roddick and has more than twice as many serves. that just shows how underrated karlovic's serve is

Jack Romeo
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
agassi said that nadal's forehand return was the weakest part of his game. he just chops it back and it's not a very penetrating shot. of course, agassi (like 99% of the players these days) is a baseliner so he has to actually do something when nadal returns his serve like that. and even when he does hit a pretty good shot, nadal is already set to defend and can usually run it down. then you're back to neutral in the point. on the other hand, a sampras/becker/krajicek-type serve and volleyer who have good powerful flat or slice serves would have no trouble picking nadal's forehand chop return apart. kendrick almost pulled it off.

edberg505
07-04-2006, 10:30 AM
agassi said that nadal's forehand return was the weakest part of his game. he just chops it back and it's not a very penetrating shot. of course, agassi (like 99% of the players these days) is a baseliner so he has to actually do something when nadal returns his serve like that. and even when he does hit a pretty good shot, nadal is already set to defend and can usually run it down. then you're back to neutral in the point. on the other hand, a sampras/becker/krajicek-type serve and volleyer who have good powerful flat or slice serves would have no trouble picking nadal's forehand chop return apart. kendrick almost pulled it off.

Well put. This is why I think a Rafter or an Edberg would tear Nadal a new one.

Koaske
07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
you know what surprises me more? the fact that karlovic played 1 less match than roddick and has more than twice as many serves. that just shows how underrated karlovic's serve is

Well that's because he has to play more service games because according to atptennis.com's stats he only wins 9% of his return games...