PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Shenay Perry?

Andy Zarzuela
07-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Even though she lost today, I think Shenay has a lot of potential. I think the main factor in her loss today was nerves. She's got a very unique game. She's got a huge serve. She has the ability to hit a lot of aces. I've seen her hit 19 aces in one match before, which is unheard of on the Women's side. She's an incredible athlete too. Big forehand. Lots of topspin. Also can hit all kinds of variety of shots. Very creative on the court. Just have to question about her mental toughness at this stage. I think she's just a late bloomer. With that said, I think she can do everything as well as Mauresmo can, but hasn't had her breakthrough yet. I think with a 3rd round showing at Roland Garros and a 4th round exit here is definitely a nice feat. Jamea Jackson is being talked about as the next big thing, which she should because Jamea is an awesome player. She has great strokes and a really solid backhand that hits a lot of winners and never breaks down. However, she has a very slight build, and lacks a bit of pop on her serves. Jamea also beat Sharapova on grass last week, so she definitely is another young American to watch. With that said, you gotta love Perry. She's got an awesome game that will only get better with maturity.

edberg505
07-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Even though she lost today, I think Shenay has a lot of potential. I think the main factor in her loss today was nerves. She's got a very unique game. She's got a huge serve. She has the ability to hit a lot of aces. I've seen her hit 19 aces in one match before, which is unheard of on the Women's side. She's an incredible athlete too. Big forehand. Lots of topspin. Also can hit all kinds of variety of shots. Very creative on the court. Just have to question about her mental toughness at this stage. I think she's just a late bloomer. With that said, I think she can do everything as well as Mauresmo can, but hasn't had her breakthrough yet. I think with a 3rd round showing at Roland Garros and a 4th round exit here is definitely a nice feat. Jamea Jackson is being talked about as the next big thing, which she should because Jamea is an awesome player. She has great strokes and a really solid backhand that hits a lot of winners and never breaks down. However, she has a very slight build, and lacks a bit of pop on her serves. Jamea also beat Sharapova on grass last week, so she definitely is another young American to watch. With that said, you gotta love Perry. She's got an awesome game that will only get better with maturity.

She needs to work on her topspin backhand.

psp2
07-03-2006, 10:32 PM
i watched few of SP's matches and like her bh slice. not too many players on the WTA even have that shot as a weapon. overall, she'll get more mature as she plays more tournaments.

i didn't think her serve was that good. her fh can spray long/wide when she's under pressure, too.

MasterTS
07-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I think shes ugly.. Id rather take serena than Shenay

psp2
07-04-2006, 05:33 AM

jamea jackson got shenay beat in that department.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photos/150x200/100164.jpg

Captain America
07-04-2006, 06:06 AM
No doubt the US needs a new crop of players to remain competitive on the world stage. SP and JJ are both young and seem to have good potential, so here's hoping they can make the step to the next level.

On the men's side, other than super-hyped Donald Young the next generation of Americans seems pretty sparse. I recall the buzz back in the 80's that no Americans were coming up to take the mantle from JMac and Connors - then came Agassi, Sampras, Courier et al. Hopefully history will repeat....

BabolatFan
07-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Well she did get a nice 4th round loser paycheck though. She needs to play more big matches like US Open series and boost her confidence more. Otherwise she's alright.

Grimjack
07-04-2006, 07:34 AM

This saved me the time I would have wasted doing a google image search. Thanks.

Babblelot
07-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Nevermind. A case of mistaken identity.

Grimjack
07-04-2006, 07:37 AM
jamea jackson got shenay beat in that department.

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photos/150x200/100164.jpg

This also would have saved me time. Because anybody who Jamea's "got beat" has got to be a real trainwreck.

Craig Carter
07-04-2006, 05:58 PM
This also would have saved me time. Because anybody who Jamea's "got beat" has got to be a real trainwreck.

Grimjack; I often times enjoy your "cheeky" comments and trite posts. Sure, you are trying to be different and "anti PC". Good for you and your time spent on a tennis board. Don't go picking on someone's looks per your "act", its embarrassing. You become part of the too present juvenile quotient when you post this drivel. She's not some white, blonde Barbie Doll? Well she did well at Wimbledon and deserves better than your ignorant commentary. What have you done lately big guy (oh, other than post online that you think that Nadal is gay and Perry is ugly). Your act is old.

Rory G
07-04-2006, 06:02 PM

Anybody who thinks Grimjack is older than 12.....has got to be a real trainwreck:)

shawn1122
07-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Anybody who thinks Grimjack is older than 12.....has got to be a real trainwreck:)

LOL

Volly master
07-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I really dont wanna sound racist or anything :

but dont we have any white girls that show potental or anything?

I mean, any american is great, im all for that, at this point those two girls are the best shot we have at the moment and im all for that!

serveitup911
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
The only thing that worries me about Shenay is her forehand. She takes a gigantic, looping swing. It could go astray if her timing is a bit off one day.