PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a picture of 16 year old Nadal.

Duzza
07-04-2006, 05:22 AM
You know before he bulked up and became tank.

Rhino
07-04-2006, 05:27 AM
you want pictures of a 16 year old boy? hmmmm

(I'm kidding)

zampano
07-04-2006, 05:32 AM

http://members4.clubphoto.com/s279694/1371971/guest.phtml

http://members4.clubphoto.com/s279694/guest-3.phtml

HyperHorse
07-04-2006, 05:42 AM
damn he was lean then....

TXKiteboarder
07-04-2006, 06:11 AM
so he went from that to age of 19. must be something in the water in mallorca

peternk
07-04-2006, 06:26 AM
omg that size change isnt natural

zampano
07-04-2006, 07:02 AM

really?

and what would be a natural change from 16 to 20? have you seen his father, his uncles?

sinatra161
07-04-2006, 07:17 AM
really?

and what would be a natural change from 16 to 20? have you seen his father, his uncles?

Easy tiger,I don't think peternk meant any harm;) Just that it isn't typical to go through such a transformation in three years,seeing as he was just as big last year as he is now...

Babblelot
07-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Compare LaBron James to Nadal at 16 and James to Nadal at 20...

Captain America
07-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Wow. Reminds me of the comic book ads of the skinny guy on the beach who gets sand kicked in his face and muscles up in a big way.

Btw, hat's off to Nadal for developing his physical strength clearly took a lot of hard work and dedication (despite baseless speculation there's no reason to think otherwise). My guess is that his camp simply focused heavily on developing his strength as an asset given the nature of the type of game he plays. If I was coaching a player of that caliber who did not play a finesse game, I'd do the same thing.

inyourface
07-04-2006, 07:37 AM
sad threat,you has seen to his uncles , they are more strongs that Nadal, you are a *******, you hate Nadal and this is your goal in the life,Sad, with out probe,no law?,you dont see the news,all news say only rumors without base.

Morrissey
07-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow. Reminds me of the comic book ads of the skinny guy on the beach who gets sand kicked in his face and muscles up in a big way.

Btw, hat's off to Nadal for developing his physical strength clearly took a lot of hard work and dedication (despite baseless speculation there's no reason to think otherwise). My guess is that his camp simply focused heavily on developing his strength as an asset given the nature of the type of game he plays. If I was coaching a player of that caliber who did not play a finesse game, I'd do the same thing.

Looks to me like he was big for a 14-16 yr old. He's got some good genes, he's a physically gifted athlete. I've seen him in person with street clothing and he didn't look like he was so big, he's got lean muscle. I've seen Fed and he's like a rail, remember Petr Korda? Fed is not far from that in person. Either way, a guy's body changes from 15 to 20. He's not a kid anymore.

callitout
07-04-2006, 08:00 AM
NBC reported on air that according to the spanish anti-doping agency there is no investigation into Nadal or any specific allegation of doping against him.
Yeah amazing that a 20 year old looks bigger than a 16 year old.
Compare a 16 year old Kobe Bryant to a 20 year old Kobe.

BTW Uncle Tony's pretty stocky so is his uncle Miguel Angel the former soccer star.

Babblelot
07-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Morrissey, you've always been my hero! I saw you twice in Chicago in 2004. And thanks for playing the early Smiths' songs. You hadn't done that the two previous times I had seen you.

grizzly4life
07-04-2006, 08:05 AM
even though i think where there's smoke, there's often fire.... his enlargement from 16 to 19 (soon 20?? or is he already?) doesn't look too extreme.

highsierra
07-04-2006, 08:14 AM
All the Nadal haters here just make me laugh. How low can you go?

Mr. Blond
07-04-2006, 08:20 AM
I am not a huge Nadal fan,but from 16 to 19 a kid can develop in a major way, lets not forget puberty guys! Just the hormonal changes coupled with extensive training for his career could result in his fitness level now. Until there is more conclusive results, I would hold up on the doping accusations.

bixj
07-04-2006, 08:25 AM
These aren't even pictures of him at 16. More like from 12 to 14 and even some to 8 to 10 years old.

Gazz
07-04-2006, 08:38 AM
is it me, or is he hitting a right handed backhand in one of those photos? i know he said when he was very young he hit 2 handed both sides, but it looks like he actually hit 2 backhands, not a 2 handed forehand...

Andres
07-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Do you even know how the human body works??

Hit the gym 4 times a week, only 15 minutes, and only work out your biceps.
You'll have Nadal's size in about A MONTH.

When I was 16, till now, I grew 5 inches and added 35 lbs on me. Of course, I was skinny back then.

HollerOne5
07-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, its really a pity that people even speculate that Nadal had done unnatural things just because of the tremendous shape he is in. Its like you can't win. If you work your butt off to become the fittest player on tour and thats one of your biggest assets, people just knock you and think its unnatural because they don't want to put in the hard work to do the same thing. BTW, I think its completely possible to do what he did without steroids. Yes, his arms are big, but his chest is not huge guys. If he was doing roids and lifting regularly, he would be big everywhere. He's not even THAT huge, just incredibly defined in the arms.

Ammo
07-04-2006, 11:38 AM
So tru, ALOT can happen between 16 and 20, Dennis Rodman was 5 11" when he was 18, now he's over 2 metres!

Marat Safinator
07-04-2006, 03:11 PM
He's always been a midget. ugly. The only thing different is the muscles.

ED_4.6HSE
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Im not a huge fan of nadals tennis but i have to say if you hit the gym you can easily bulk yourself up that much in 3 years.

I've improved my strength a lot by simply using a 4 day split with weights at home and adding more protein to my diet. With pro trainers and proper equipment thats pretty easily achievable

thats not to say he's not used any enhancers or anything (wouldnt surprise me) i have no idea. Would they really improve your tennis that much? you dont need huge muscles or any endurance normal fitness training couldnt give you

ED_4.6HSE
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
oops!............

Ztalin
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
You guys are absolutely ridiculous...

NADAL IS NOT THAT BIG. I was bigger at 16 than Nadal is now. I love how tennis players (who are mostly pencil thin) think that just because you have a pair of guns (that aren't even huge), you aren't natural. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

You want to see a big 15 year old? This guy is a big 15 year old, and he HASN'T EVEN TOUCHED STEROIDS.

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/shane4.jpg

It's called genetics and hard work, you fools. Two things that you obviously lack.

Ztalin
07-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Do you even know how the human body works??

Hit the gym 4 times a week, only 15 minutes, and only work out your biceps.
You'll have Nadal's size in about A MONTH.

When I was 16, till now, I grew 5 inches and added 35 lbs on me. Of course, I was skinny back then.

Nadal's left arm is about 16", and his right is about 15.25". You won't get them that big in a month, but i do agree that he doesn't have any size to him, except his arms.

Sadyv
07-04-2006, 03:53 PM
You guys should look up a picture of Brock Lesnar when he was 15-16, the guy was huge, weighed something like 225 of hard muscle.

Believe it or not, but some people just have the genes for large muscle, and put in the hard work to get it done.

A fellow I went to school with was about 5'11 180 pounds near the end of 8th grade, and 4 years later, through hard work and growing up, he was 6'2 270 pounds of solid muscle and benched 420. Guy never touched steroids, he didn't even have the money to if he had wanted, but he just lived in the gym and took care of his nutrition.

Tennis traditionally has suffered from a pretty poor crop athletically speaking, so I'm not suprised to see the disbelief and sour attitudes when a guy who is a legit world class athlete shows up with some bigger than average biceps.

To be honest, if tennis were far more popular, like basketball, soccer, big enough to attract the top athletes from countries, guys who looked like Nadal would be commonplace on the tennis court, and there would be many that were more muscular and lean.

TennisDog
07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Nadal isnt a big guy by any stretch of the imagination. He is 6'1 and weighs 188 which is a stick for a human that tall. He is the same height as Federer and according to ATP only weighs 11 lbs more. If he is taking steroids he must be using them wrong.

A typical NFL linebacker like Tedy Bruschi who is also 6'1 and weighs 247 is huge compared to Nadal and a wide receiver around that height averages around 210.

Andres
07-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Randy Brown is 6'2', 190 lbs, and in the basketball world, that's considered A MIDGET... only 190 lbs??

And Nadal and his 188 is on roids... yeah, right :p

VictorS.
07-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, there's definitely going to be a natural physical progression from age 16 to 20. You could look at a number of NBA players (ie Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, etc) and see a big difference between their high school years and professional career. However, Nadal's transformation does seem a bit more radical. Kobe and Lebron were always lean and strong. Nadal almost looks to lack much athleticism in his early years...pudgy legs, lacking muscle definition. Now he's a beast. I don't want to speculate and i don't think it's fair.

superman1
07-04-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't know what the insinuation here is. He looks like he's always had a big frame. He just put a lot of muscle on it, which is certainly not unheard of for a world class athlete to do. Uncle Toni knows his tennis and he knows that you can never have too much strength.

BaseLineBash
07-04-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.arkworld.com/pete/drawings/images/tmnt.jpg

Midlife crisis
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
There continue to be misconceptions about steroids. They do not have to make you muscularly huge. They can and are most often used by athletes to facilitate recovery so you can train hard from one day to the next, and also unfortunately to make a more meek personality more aggressive. Unless you use steroids and provide a stimulus to your muscles to grow larger, such as by lifting heavy weights, they will not cause muscle to grow all by itself.

Steroids were the drugs of choice by professional cyclists, whose ultimate goal is to be as skinny as possible so they have the least weight to carry over mountain passes.

Duzza
07-06-2006, 06:15 AM
you want pictures of a 16 year old boy? hmmmm

(I'm kidding)

Yeah, i'm 16 and i'm a paedophile already, you wanker.

(I know you're kidding, so am I)

arnz
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
There continue to be misconceptions about steroids. They do not have to make you muscularly huge. They can and are most often used by athletes to facilitate recovery so you can train hard from one day to the next, and also unfortunately to make a more meek personality more aggressive. Unless you use steroids and provide a stimulus to your muscles to grow larger, such as by lifting heavy weights, they will not cause muscle to grow all by itself.

Steroids were the drugs of choice by professional cyclists, whose ultimate goal is to be as skinny as possible so they have the least weight to carry over mountain passes.

Yes, you recover better and are able to work out harder and more intense, for bodybuilders this means they have more muscular gains. Well said Midlife.

I think Nadal is a big kid, he is 6'1 and 190 lbs, but there are plenty of kids bigger than him, especially in the US where American football and basketball rules.

He does have low bodyfat percentage and muscular definition, something that most American football players dont really think about. They eat big and lift big.

Put him on the basketball court and he wouldnt be anything special with his body or height. At 6'1 190 he'd be very small.

VamosRafa
07-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Check out these photos from when Rafa was 16. These were taken after he jumped the net, tripped and hurt is arm, and had to miss his first French Open three years ago.

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/3E/A7/19845182-225b-0190014B-.jpg

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/3F/A7/19845183-30d1-01900148-.jpg

He has filled out a bit, but the change is not as dramatic as what some of you seem to think.

Duzza
07-08-2006, 06:05 AM
he's pretty big at 16. his arms anyway

a guy
07-08-2006, 06:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPSoVBi1z6Y

looks pretty good at 13 to me :o