PDA

View Full Version : What happened to LIVE tennis on NBC???????

Ronaldo
07-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Why not show Sharapova after the live matches are over?

dubsplayer
07-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Because this is the match they think average Americans who know nothing about tennis will tune into and watch.

skip1969
07-04-2006, 06:51 AM
i think they're allergic to live tennis. until the weekend.

skip1969
07-04-2006, 06:59 AM
mauresmo and myskina are 2 all in the third. and clijsters just broke at 5 all in the second and will be serving for the match. you'd think that would be more entertaining that watching the sharapova rout. but then the folks at No Brain Cells (NBC) ain't too bright. they expect the average tennis fan to wake up at 10am on the east coast to watch sharapova on a tape delay?? makes more sense to show that match later in the day when everyone is up. they've got three hours of coverage. and the matches aren't that long to begin with.

HA, they're SO worthless at NBC they even showed the friggin' streaker! couldn't they edit that sh*t out??? even during live events, most sane networks purposefully AVOID putting streakers on the air so as not to give them the publicity they crave. nbc can't even do THAT right. HA! losers.

bluescreen
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
i dont blame them for showing the streaker. it probably got a lot of people to to tune in that already saw the scores online and just wanted to see this streaker guy. although, there's no excuse for so many taped matches.

tennissavy
07-04-2006, 09:25 AM
As usual, NBC gave the results of all the remaining matches making espn viewing at 1:00pm pointless. You can expect NBC to give any results they have of the men's matches too. You have to hope for very long matches tomorrow to prevent the results from being announced and draw sheet results put on the screen.

jaggy
07-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Anyone have someone at Wimbledon, USTA or NBCwho would read an email of complaint if I sent it, tennis coverage on the networks is horrible.

KBalla08
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
ya the tennis coverage is ******... im ****ed when i wake up to watch a match and they are showing one that was on 2 hours ago..

ACE of Hearts
07-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Looks like we might get a taped Ancic vs Federer match tomorrow.:mad:

jaykay
07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Looks like we might get a taped Ancic vs Federer match tomorrow.:mad:

HOLY CRAP!!! If I don't get to see the Fed-Ancic match as well as the Bagi-Hewitt match LIVE tomorrow, I might kill somebody... or atleast break something!!!

tnig469
07-04-2006, 09:59 AM
HOLY CRAP!!! If I don't get to see the Fed-Ancic match as well as the Bagi-Hewitt match LIVE tomorrow, I might kill somebody... or atleast break something!!!

o nooooo...plz dont do this...go break bad on NBC...i know where they are! :mrgreen:

Ronaldo
07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Better cough up $4.95 for Wimby LIVE or it's Stepanek and the SHIRT redux in all-white v Bjorkman. At least he will bring his one-man cheerleading squad, the Radette

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-04-2006, 01:19 PM
there will be a tape for the Fed-Ancic match tommorow, NBC said that would be the focus of their coverage tommorw, just like the Sharapova match was today. Guess i'll have to stay away from this forum until the match is over, so that i'll have reason to watch. The only life matches they will show are the womens final and the mens final( thank god).

Captain America
07-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Grrrrrr...NBC.

I was flipping back and forth between Clisters/Na on NBC and Myskina/Mauresmo on ESPN2. Everything was fine until the NBC match ended and Dick Enberg let me know that Mauresmo beat Myskina (I didn't realilze ESPN2 was showing the match on tape delay). Thanks, Dick, really appreciated that info.

BreakPoint
07-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Grrrrrr...NBC.

I was flipping back and forth between Clisters/Na on NBC and Myskina/Mauresmo on ESPN2. Everything was fine until the NBC match ended and Dick Enberg let me know that Mauresmo beat Myskina (I didn't realilze ESPN2 was showing the match on tape delay). Thanks, Dick, really appreciated that info.

Well, at least you could switch back and forth between NBC and ESPN2. Here on the West Coast, as soon as NBC comes on, ESPN2's coverage is blacked out. :mad: :(

Grimjack
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Live coverage today would be an insult.

Today is the day when people all over the world celebrate the birth of the greatest and most benevolent empire the world has ever known -- America! -- and give thanks to the one, true, shining beacon of freedom the world has to look up to in these dark times: Mr. George W. Bush.

Tennis can wait.

Captain America
07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, at least you could switch back and forth between NBC and ESPN2. Here on the West Coast, as soon as NBC comes on, ESPN2's coverage is blacked out. :mad: :(

Yes, that is just WRONG.

edberg505
07-04-2006, 07:59 PM
So glad I bought the Wimby live coverage online. You guys should check it out. Although the prices per day have gone up now because of the more important matches.

tennissavy
07-05-2006, 07:48 AM
The only good thing about the rain delays today is that NBC will have less to give away regarding results.

Moose Malloy
07-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Is NBC showing live tennis on the west coast right now?

skip1969
07-05-2006, 09:53 AM
yeah, i was wondering that too. i don't understand why they would have to black out the matches for the pacific time zone. can someone shed some light on that?

god, i'm glad i don't still live in seattle.

Moose Malloy
07-05-2006, 09:57 AM
yeah, i was wondering that too. i don't understand why they would have to black out the matches for the pacific time zone. can someone shed some light on that?

because nbc will be on the air at the same time as espn in the west coast(due to all time zones policy), so they are forcing espn to be blacked out

i am wondering if they are showing live tennis right now or replaying their east coast broadcast.