PDA

View Full Version : If Nadal were to play Federer's Wimbledon opponents, who would he have lost?

ctbmar
07-04-2006, 07:02 AM
If Nadal were to play Federer's Wimbledon opponents, who would he have lost to?
Or Nadal would have won all of them?

Grimjack
07-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Got to be Gasquet, who is a competent grasscourter, mostly because he was the first round match.

But with the possible exception of Mahut, he would lose to anybody on that list.

malakas
07-04-2006, 07:33 AM
I think that maybe he would manage to win Richard,but as Grimjack said with the exception of Mahut,he would most probably lose to anybody else on that list.

bluescreen
07-04-2006, 08:40 AM
i think qasquet would've gotten him. but if he would happen to beat richard, i think he'd get past henman due to his 5-setter in the 1st round and lose to berdych in the 4th.

ATXtennisaddict
07-04-2006, 08:53 AM
He'd lose to Gasquet in the 1st rd, I guarantee it.

darkdreaming
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
i actually think that nadal would have won ..and i think because of their match and the psychological edge nadal got on federer that were they to meet in the final ..it isnt a sure win for federer ....dont get me wrong i much prefer federer to nadal s tennis but the kid is amazing ..and i have no doubt that as of now he has got as much chances to win it all than federer does.

tlm
07-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Another shoulda,coulda,woulda thread about nadal.

AceYouVeryMuch
07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Gasquet would've sent him home.

Bogie
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
gasquet would definitely send nadal packing. no questions asked.

highsierra
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Nadal's got lucky draws, and being lucky is just part of life. There're lottery winners every week. Go cry and whine how life is unfair to you and your idol. Being the top athlete or top team doesn't guarantee you anything, otherwise there's no need to play games. Wimbldon could have sent Fed a check, and FIFA could have let Brazil keep the World Cup trophy as well. In case you are not into football (or soccer as in the US), a shaky France team got a goal they could barely dream of and kicked Brazil back to South America. I don't hear Brazilian fans crying how lucky France was. Of course, they are mostly smart fans who truly understand the nature of that sport and the competition.

MR. 81
07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
you mean if he played them in a row? another pointless thread

Marat Safinator
07-04-2006, 01:02 PM
all of them

malakas
07-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Nadal's got lucky draws, and being lucky is just part of life. There're lottery winners every week. Go cry and whine how life is unfair to you and your idol. Being the top athlete or top team doesn't guarantee you anything, otherwise there's no need to play games. Wimbldon could have sent Fed a check, and FIFA could have let Brazil keep the World Cup trophy as well. In case you are not into football (or soccer as in the US), a shaky France team got a goal they could barely dream of and kicked Brazil back to South America. I don't hear Brazilian fans crying how lucky France was. Of course, they are mostly smart fans who truly understand the nature of that sport and the competition.

bs.Did you even watch the match?A lucky goal that they could barely dream?!?They played BETTER in the match!It was not just luck!!:rolleyes:

Simon Cowell
07-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Gasquet would have beat Nadal? LoL, sure. Nadal would have sent Gasquet home the way he sent Federer home on the fast courts of Dubai. Oh, lets not forget those other 3 major tournaments as well.

Breaker
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
bs.Did you even watch the match?A lucky goal that they could barely dream?!?They played BETTER in the match!It was not just luck!!:rolleyes:

Have to agree with that, France completely outplayed Brazil in every way.

And to the original question I also think Gasquet, Nadal was shaky in the early rounds and Gasquet is just too good on grass. I think he would have taken out Mahut and Henman but gotten overpowered by Berdych.