PDA

View Full Version : Going From NXT to Poly - Drop Tension How Much?

Z-Man
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm currently playing with an n6.1 95, 16 X 18 pattern. NXT felt good around 57lbs, but it didn't last long. Lux Big Banger played ok at 55lbs and lasted a little longer. It also helped tame the power. I'm having it restrung at 54.

How much would you guys recommend dropping the tension when going from NXT to Poly? Is 2-3lbs enough? Am I asking for arm trouble? My elbow feels fine and my shoulder feels better than when I played the POG LB, but my wrist seems to get fatigued when I play singles.

Thanks for your feedback!

chayajay
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm currently playing with an n6.1 95, 16 X 18 pattern. NXT felt good around 57lbs, but it didn't last long. Lux Big Banger played ok at 55lbs and lasted a little longer. It also helped tame the power. I'm having it restrung at 54.

How much would you guys recommend dropping the tension when going from NXT to Poly? Is 2-3lbs enough? Am I asking for arm trouble? My elbow feels fine and my shoulder feels better than when I played the POG LB, but my wrist seems to get fatigued when I play singles.

Thanks for your feedback!

Try 2-3 Lbs, I went from having tennis elbow with all natural gut at 53Lbs to Poly Mains Xcell crosses, at 51, 50, and I havn't had arm problems at all, I don't think polys are that hard on the arm, IMO.

MTChong
07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Or instead of 2-3 lbs lower, maybe 5-6 lbs lower...

nalbandian_fan
07-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Or instead of 2-3 lbs lower, maybe 5-6 lbs lower...

i agree, 2-3 pounds is way too little, 5-6 pounds lower worked for me when i was going from multifilaments to polys.