PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger original vs Gosen OG Sheep micro

ATXtennisaddict
07-04-2006, 08:52 AM
I strung one racket only with BBO and another racket with only GOGM. The BBO had NO feel, NO power... the GOGM had nice feel and had more power and just nicer to hit with.

What's up with that? In any case, this is good for me, cheaper to buy strings in the future. :)

snoflewis
07-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I strung one racket only with BBO and another racket with only GOGM. The BBO had NO feel, NO power... the GOGM had nice feel and had more power and just nicer to hit with.

What's up with that? In any case, this is good for me, cheaper to buy strings in the future. :)

well...that's pretty much the difference between poly and synthetic.

pushing_wins
07-04-2006, 10:00 AM
well...that's pretty much the difference between poly and synthetic.

as expected

good answer

the store i went to, they are sold out of the BBALU

?????

diredesire
07-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Like mentioned, since the days of gen I polys, the major benefit of polyester style strings are that they are very durable. This should be one of the first/top priorities when switching to them, unless you are looking for loads of control/spin. Poly strings typically don't feel nice at all. Many people will describe a "comfortable" poly as "surprisingly soft... for a poly."

It's no secret that syn guts are softer and will typically give a much better feel for the ball than a poly will. Polys really are designed for certain types of players, so it's not unusual that you prefer the OG-micro.

pushing_wins
07-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Like mentioned, since the days of gen I polys, the major benefit of polyester style strings are that they are very durable. This should be one of the first/top priorities when switching to them, unless you are looking for loads of control/spin. Poly strings typically don't feel nice at all. Many people will describe a "comfortable" poly as "surprisingly soft... for a poly."

It's no secret that syn guts are softer and will typically give a much better feel for the ball than a poly will. Polys really are designed for certain types of players, so it's not unusual that you prefer the OG-micro.

what type of players?

PBODY99
07-04-2006, 10:51 AM

The reason for BBO is durability, not feel. If you are not blowing out strings at a quick clip, save you money & your arm.

diredesire
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
what type of players?

It's a bit of a generalization, but i'd say the harder hitters that can generate their own power. I'd also say these harder hitters typically generate a good amount of topspin/pace so they can keep their ball inside the lines. If your game resembles your screen name at all, i'd say BBO is probably not right for you ;)

pushing_wins
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
It's a bit of a generalization, but i'd say the harder hitters that can generate their own power. I'd also say these harder hitters typically generate a good amount of topspin/pace so they can keep their ball inside the lines. If your game resembles your screen name at all, i'd say BBO is probably not right for you ;)

LOL

luckily, i strung the bbalu two piece.

i restrung the crosses with head pps 16

what a difference.

ATXtennisaddict
07-05-2006, 10:15 AM
LOL

luckily, i strung the bbalu two piece.

i restrung the crosses with head pps 16

what a difference.

u mean putting something else on crosses besides poly?

pushing_wins
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
u mean putting something else on crosses besides poly?

yeah cut out the crosses, put in some syn gut

let me know how it feels to you.

i kinda like it now. could be all in my head.

ATXtennisaddict
07-05-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah cut out the crosses, put in some syn gut

let me know how it feels to you.

i kinda like it now. could be all in my head.

i did have alu power rough / GOGSM set up and I thought it was pretty good. But in comparison with full GOGSM job, i'll have to get out on the courts. Probably throw away the crosses of the full BBO set up and make it a BBO/GOGSM set up instead.

ATXtennisaddict
07-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Wow, I took off the BBO on the crosses and put in regular synthetic gut and as one poster said, it makes a world of difference! I actually like hitting with that racket now.

So the key for me is no full poly job. Just hybrid poly on mains with synthetic gut on crosses. :)

mowcopian
07-07-2006, 06:31 AM
is the sheep micro any good, because i have alu power in my rackets and i think it is alright.

theace21
07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
is the sheep micro any good, because i have alu power in my rackets and i think it is alright.
I like it much more than Prince Synthetic gut, and it is cheaper. Solid all round synthetic cut and your can't beat the price if you string for yourself...

tennispr()
07-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Gosen Og Sheep!!!!

ATXtennisaddict
07-08-2006, 07:18 AM
hybrid DEFINITELY feels better to hit with compared to full job syn or poly.

ATXtennisaddict
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Anyone here feel BBO doesn't generate enough spin as ALU power rough?