PDA

View Full Version : Is This OK?

superman
07-04-2006, 09:59 AM
I just strung a gosen polyon 16 on my wilson ncode 95.
I was hitting on the string with my hand and felt a vibration that wasnt that big with other strings.
Should I just ignore that?
Will it damage my racquet?

snoflewis
07-04-2006, 10:33 AM
hitting the strings w/ your hand and hitting the strings w/ a ball are pretty different. if you feel a lot of vibration when rallying...then i suggest you cut them out since it won't be good for your arm.

Davai
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Try a shock absorber

Ripper
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Since, you are who you are, you have more than enough of your own power and you have joints of steel. What you need is a super control string. I'd suggest you string your raquet with 15 gauge Kevlar at 75 pounds. Don't worry about the vibrations; I mean, you're Superman!

tnig469
07-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Since, you are who you are, you have more than enough of your own power and you have joints of steel. What you need is a super control string. I'd suggest you string your raquet with 15 gauge Kevlar at 75 pounds. Don't worry about the vibrations; I mean, you're Superman!

yes...i have to completely agree superman...stay away from weird green strings tho

andyroddick's mojo
07-04-2006, 02:26 PM
haha, well first try a shock absorber, and if it still vibrates a lot then it will most likely hurt your arm in the long run, so try other strings. One option is to hybrid that poly, with a multi so it feels softer and won't vibrate as much.

superman
07-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the responses. But will it damage the racquet?

diredesire
07-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all the responses. But will it damage the racquet?

Depends on the type of vibration. If it's already damaged, that may be causing the buzzing... It could also be a long string tail touching the frame, or a misweave. I guess time will tell, inspect the racquet and the string job closely :)

emcee
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Most probably it's just harmless vibration...some polys have mucho vibration and I actually have to use an extra dampener on my new racquet. But if it's just vibration it will harm neither the racquet or your arm...it's just annoying. Shock is entirely different.