PDA

View Full Version : Na Li appreciation thread...

jaykay
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I truly thought she played an outstanding 2nd set... and gave Kim a run for her money.

Go out with your head held high, Li... you have earned RESPECT!!!

skip1969
07-04-2006, 04:02 PM
well, she's done her nation proud, that's for sure. and she broke the russian/french/begium monopoly of the quarters, too.

KennyNguyen
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
She hits really nice. :)

Phil
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
She had three good games-where Clijisters lost focus...the rest of the second set, she sprayed balls all over the place, and neted quite a few. Hits with power, needs some work. Yeah...I appreciate that...

goober
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
I truly thought she played an outstanding 2nd set... and gave Kim a run for her money.

Go out with your head held high, Li... you have earned RESPECT!!!

Hmm I am not sure I can agree she played an outstanding second set. She blew a 5-2 lead. It was a major choke job. She started making a lot of unforced errors. Clisters did not raise her game that much.

highsierra
07-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I think she still has way to go in controlling the tempo of the game. You can't just bang the ball all the time. There're times when your feel is off and you have to play more conservatively. She played a tough 3-setter yesterday so may have been a bit more exhasuted towards the mid part of the second set today. When tired, either come to the net to finish points quickly or stay a little further from the baseline to play defense.