PDA

View Full Version : Who wins in a Nadal Vs. Fed Wimbledon final this year?

The Pusher Terminator
07-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I do not believe that Nadal will make it to the finals; however in the unlikely event that he does make it to the finals and faces Fed....I actually think Nadal would beat Fed on grass this year.....simply because of the psycological advantage. Fed would simply break down and cry.

caesar66
07-04-2006, 02:10 PM
While i seriously doubt fed would "break down and cry", the mental factor could be in place. I have a feeling fed would win though, even in the mental category. When he lost to nadal on hardcourt earlier in the year, it was totally a mental shut down. On clay, however, I think a little bit of federer resigns to saying "ok, this is nadal's surface, its ok to lose." I think on grass however, fed would say," this is my house, my tournament, I own it." I think he would prevail at wimbledon more than any other place. I think he's on a high from his draw too, dominating gasquet, henman, and berdych. If he does the same to Ancic, I think its a guaranteed win, even if rafa is in the final.

TacoBellBorderBowl1946
07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Hewitt will kick Nadals *****, so this won't happen

MR. 81
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM

I've heard that so many times and Nadal keeps shutting mouths up. Anyway if they meet in the final I say Federer in 4

d_frank
07-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Federer - straight sets.

diegaa
07-04-2006, 03:01 PM
they have to reach it first. in any case, i would say fed in 5.

Grimjack
07-04-2006, 03:14 PM
I've heard that so many times and Nadal keeps shutting mouths up. Anyway if they meet in the final I say Federer in 4

He has yet, in his entire career, to shut any decent player up at any meaningful tournament that is played anywhere but Paris.

bluescreen
07-04-2006, 03:20 PM
if they play in the finals, fed in straights. roger's used to tough opponents all tournament, while nadal has an overall easy draw, which really wont prepare him for the tougher ones.

theracquet
07-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Federer - straight sets.

agreed, if nadal makes to the final ofcourse.

Simon Cowell
07-04-2006, 04:29 PM
He has yet, in his entire career, to shut any decent player up at any meaningful tournament that is played anywhere but Paris.

Would you call Monte Carlo and Rome meaningless? He "shut" Federer up there. Or are you saying Federer's not decent? LOL.

Anyway, the Wimbledon final score would resemble something like:

Nadal defeats Federer(again) 6-7(4) 6-4 6-4 6-0

malakas
07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Fed in easy straights.That's it if rafa can make it past Jarkko.and then against Baggy.(yeah...marco!;) )

Breaker
07-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Would you call Monte Carlo and Rome meaningless? He "shut" Federer up there. Or are you saying Federer's not decent? LOL.

Federer getting bagelled..on grass..by Nadal......:lol:

McGee
07-04-2006, 07:08 PM

Wow, yet another enlightened post by TW Boards resident "Hans".

Tennis_Goodness
07-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I think Federer would win, he's better then Nadal on grass and has the better tools to do the job on grass!

shawn1122
07-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Federer getting bagelled..on grass..by Nadal......:lol:
LOL, Nadal's return isn't even close to good enough for that to happen. Keep dreamin' Simon.

Rickson
07-04-2006, 09:30 PM
they have to reach it first. in any case, i would say fed in 5.
5? If Nadal reached the final, which I doubt but am hoping for, he couldn't win a single set against Federer.

jukka1970
07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Well even though anything is possible, I'd say you're really stretching with this bagel at the end. I mean Federer did beat Nadal 6-1 in the first set and then Nadal returned the favor on the reverse. But I don't think either would ever get bageled in the final set. So with that said, I think we'll change your name to Simon Grimm, it fits better with the fairytale.

typingchamp
07-05-2006, 01:28 AM

So unless six wins against Federer is not meaningful then I don't know what is. Miami is a big tournament by the way, very meaningful and not even played on clay.

Wimbledon quarters is also meaningful. Agassi's last match at Wimbledon is also a meaningful one (and yes, Agassi is "decent").

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 09:19 AM
federer will because he has too much GAME on this surface.

ED_4.6HSE
07-05-2006, 09:27 AM
psychology could play a part in a final, would be interesting to watch. nadal has a slim chance, i'd love to see a clay courter win wimbledon!

my money would still be on fed though

counterpunch
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
So unless six wins against Federer is not meaningful then I don't know what is. Miami is a big tournament by the way, very meaningful and not even played on clay.

Wimbledon quarters is also meaningful. Agassi's last match at Wimbledon is also a meaningful one (and yes, Agassi is "decent").

i love that one man, you refer to nadals good record and then you specifically mention the match that federer actually won...

but seriously, i would say nadal could win a set against fed but thats it. i like hewitt though on the bottom, so the final could be rout.

The Pusher Terminator
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM

Not if he keeps on playing Bagi like this!!! Things dont look very good for Leyton in th first set.