PDA

View Full Version : Is this Gosen string a poly?

slewisoh
07-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Simple yes or no needed. Is Gosen BioGut TecBio string a poly?

SteveI
07-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Simple yes or no needed. Is Gosen BioGut TecBio string a poly?

Nope

Court_Jester
07-04-2006, 09:18 PM
No, quite far from it. It's a very soft multi.

goober
07-04-2006, 09:32 PM
you mean this one?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGOSEN-GBIOPOLY16.html

Composition: Special Polyester Monofilament/Bio Degraded Multifilament/Nylon Multifilament and Nylon Monofilament mixed/Bio Urethane coating.

I see the confusion

A poly with a urethane coating is still considered a poly no?

alfa164164
07-05-2006, 05:29 AM
I call it MAIZE!

marcus_alsager
07-05-2006, 06:55 AM
i gotta admit, it looks quite like a poly in that pic

slewisoh
07-05-2006, 06:57 AM
No, quite far from it. It's a very soft multi.

Court Jester, I see from your signature that you have a Tour 9 strung with Gosen Biogut Bio XPC. I also have a Tour 9 and it is strung with the Gosen Biogut TecBio 16 at mid. Do you know what the difference is between these two strings?

I used this racquet for a match on Tuesday and now my wrist is very sore - the strings felt harsh compared to what I usually use.

slewisoh
07-05-2006, 06:59 AM
you mean this one?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACGOSEN-GBIOPOLY16.html

Composition: Special Polyester Monofilament/Bio Degraded Multifilament/Nylon Multifilament and Nylon Monofilament mixed/Bio Urethane coating.

I see the confusion

A poly with a urethane coating is still considered a poly no?

Not the one...I don't think tenniswarehouse carries it anymore, as an earlier thread dealt with someone trying to find some of this string. Thanks though.

Court_Jester
07-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Court Jester, I see from your signature that you have a Tour 9 strung with Gosen Biogut Bio XPC. I also have a Tour 9 and it is strung with the Gosen Biogut TecBio 16 at mid. Do you know what the difference is between these two strings?

I used this racquet for a match on Tuesday and now my wrist is very sore - the strings felt harsh compared to what I usually use.
My XPC string is not as comfortable as I thought either. It's probably because the core of the XPC is made up of several monofilaments and it's surrounded by nylon multifilaments. The Japanese Gosen website doesn't have any information on the TecBio (discontinued?) but TecGut is their line of traditional multifilament strings.