PDA

View Full Version : Bandanas -vs- Headbands

T_S_N
07-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Why do some people wear and bandanas, a headband seems like it would be so much easier ....

Kabob190
07-04-2006, 09:06 PM
bandanas look cooler. i dont wear one though, i prefer a hat

T_S_N
07-04-2006, 09:14 PM
I like headbands better, just because you dont have to tie them lol

Jaydon Fabulous
07-04-2006, 09:26 PM
I switched to the nike dri fit headbands. They're way better than bandanas...at least for me.

hondas2k
07-04-2006, 11:31 PM
same here

texcoug
07-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I have both (and the tying is a hassle) but there is not question which is more effective -- the bandana. Not even close. I sweat a lot and, with headbands or hats with bands, I am constantly adjusting them. With the bandana, I never touch it once it's on.

Tchocky
07-05-2006, 08:48 AM
The headbands are longer and leave a tail at the end whereas bandannas have a nice, compact knot at the end.

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 08:49 AM
bandana's definately. they look awesome. i have one on delivery and i cant wait to wear it.

ilovecarlos
07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
I have both (and the tying is a hassle) but there is not question which is more effective -- the bandana. Not even close. I sweat a lot and, with headbands or hats with bands, I am constantly adjusting them. With the bandana, I never touch it once it's on.

I sweat a lot too..usually wear a hat..do you really think bandanas are better? What happens when they can't hold any more sweat? Seriously. Thanks

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 08:57 AM
well not really because i think tht a bandana makes you sweat alot then soakes it up. i might try a headband .

texcoug
07-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I sweat a lot too..usually wear a hat..do you really think bandanas are better? What happens when they can't hold any more sweat? Seriously. Thanks

All I know is that I have several Adidas Clima-Lite hats, a Nike Dri-Fit hat, headbands, and 1 diadora bandana thing. If have used them all and with the standard headband and hats, I constantly have to wipe the sweat on my forehead and my eyes. With the bandana, I do not. Maybe because it can cover a wider area. I honestly think the bandana looks worse than a hat, but hard to argue with the results.

Oh -- and about how much sweat it holds -- all I know is that I never mess with it again. Now, when I take it off, it is wet all the way through.

ilovecarlos
07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
All I know is that I have several Adidas Clima-Lite hats, a Nike Dri-Fit hat, headbands, and 1 diadora bandana thing. If have used them all and with the standard headband and hats, I constantly have to wipe the sweat on my forehead and my eyes. With the bandana, I do not. Maybe because it can cover a wider area. I honestly think the bandana looks worse than a hat, but hard to argue with the results.

Oh -- and about how much sweat it holds -- all I know is that I never mess with it again. Now, when I take it off, it is wet all the way through.

Thanks...sounds like a good enough reason to at least try the bandana route. Thanks for the recommendation.

brucie
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
me 3!

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
thats a good enough reason to try a bandana and ia m going to.

Marat Safinator
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I wear nothing, used to always wear back to front cap but stopped that. Id vote for headbands

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
i used to wear my cap backwards but it irritated me so i stop wearing a cap all together.

XFactorer
07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I wear a bandana most of the time 'cause they're lighter and more awesome than a hat. I usually wear hats and visors only for the sun. Love my Nike Bandanas!

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
they are awesome, cant wait till mine comes.anyway, have you noticed how thick nadal and federer have their bandana's, they must have massive foreheads.

yoga
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
what happens when they can't hold any more sweat? seriously. thanks
when your shirt or socks got so wet when you play what do you do? change them of course, the same goes to bandana. by the way, i wear bandana or breathable hat

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
i would think that you would change it or not wear one until the bandana had lost some of its moisture.
sorry mtchong, i did not mean to repeat myself.

MTChong
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
they are awesome, cant wait till mine comes.

Thanks for repeating yourself about two or three times in this thread alone.

As for which I prefer, neither. Hats if I had to wear something on my head while playing.

retroceso
07-05-2006, 06:41 PM
how about a headband under a bandana with a cap over that???? huh huh???? youll have maximum sweat protection.

I'd rather wear a headband cause bandanas dont hold your hair(if you have long hair).

Verbal_Kint
07-06-2006, 04:30 AM
I used to wear caps (normal or backwards, but always flexfit). However, I've let my hair grow a bit and the caps got annoying. So now I too am on the band(ana)wagon. It keeps my hair out of my face and absorbs enough sweat.

vascoboy
07-06-2006, 07:25 AM
backwards caps are second on my list, visors 3rd...my guess is Nike makes them wear 'em...caps worn the right way serves its purpose well...so does a simple headband....

Aggro
07-06-2006, 08:23 AM
I usually wear my adidas hat backwards, BUT my hair is now longer, its summer - i sweat so much more and with a hat i get sweat dripping down my face constantly - rock on Paisley Bandanas ! plus they kinda suit me, my hair is like philippoussis'

texcoug
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
backwards caps are second on my list, visors 3rd...my guess is Nike makes them wear 'em...caps worn the right way serves its purpose well...so does a simple headband....

I agree that I do not like the look of the bandana -- it is just that much more effective (especially the dri-fit ones) than the other alternatives.

hgb765
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
me 3!

yeah i know a lot of guys who wear hats
deff looks better

idioteque
07-06-2006, 06:42 PM
i go with the generic biker style bandanas, and cover my whole head with it, holds my hair back way better than a hat, and you can't even feel it on there if you get it just right.