PDA

View Full Version : Finally a Peek at Sharapova's Mom!

Jess
07-05-2006, 02:36 AM
I've been a Sharapova fan for a while now so of course I've read those little bio's on her fansites and all of them seem to pinpoint out how her mom is rarely seen with her or in any case, ever.

I found this clip of Shar shopping with her mom. It was uploaded 4 days ago on YouTube, but I think it's fairly old. It's a clip from a documentary called "Blonde Ambition."

[The Clip] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZ6jK9wLE0)

I personally don't think Shar looks very much like her mom but at least we know her blonde doesn't come from a bottle of peroxide. ;)

pound cat
07-05-2006, 02:55 AM
I've been a Sharapova fan for a while now so of course I've read those little bio's on her fansites and all of them seem to pinpoint out how her mom is rarely seen with her or in any case, ever.

I found this clip of Shar shopping with her mom. It was uploaded 4 days ago on YouTube, but I think it's fairly old. It's a clip from a documentary called "Blonde Ambition."

[The Clip] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZ6jK9wLE0)

I personally don't think Shar looks very much like her mom but at least we know her blonde doesn't come from a bottle of peroxide. ;)

Maria is HUGE..6'3 and growing. YIKES

I reserve judgment on the hair.

Golden Retriever
07-05-2006, 04:39 AM
How come Sharapova is so much taller than both her mom and dad? Is that genetically possible? Hmmmmmmm.................

Rabbit
07-05-2006, 04:53 AM
No vodka as a youngster.

cghipp
07-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Probably nutrition. Growing up an athlete, she probably ate very well, most likely much better than her parents did during their formative years.

jaykay
07-05-2006, 05:28 AM
How come Sharapova is so much taller than both her mom and dad? Is that genetically possible? Hmmmmmmm.................

Yes. (am not sure if that was only a rhetorical question with a tinge of humor...).

There are dominant genes and recessive genes. We do not know how tall Shriekapova's ancestors were... , she could hv got her 'tall' genes from her great-great-great-etc grandfather.

Also, environmental factors & nutrition play a role in development of height.

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 08:17 AM
she could have other tall relatives like her grandad or uncle for instance.

emcee
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm sure a lot of immigrants' children grow to be quite taller than their parents. I find that to be true with almost all of my Korean-American friends, which makes sense since my parents talked about eating meat once a year back in South Korea. Probably the same thing happens to Russian-Americans...maybe more so since Siberia isn't exactly great farmland.