PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Bjorkman a poser

Rabbit
07-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Bjorkman wears a headband when he plays singles, but not doubles. Is this some sort of gang thing?

sureshs
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Bjorkman wears a headband when he plays singles, but not doubles. Is this some sort of gang thing?

He belongs to the LA "Grips"

HyperHorse
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
ROFL... gang thing....
btw, ive NEVER seen him wear this until this yr's Wimbledon...
if u ask me it looks a bit dorky/70s....
i dont understand why he's wearing it...

norcal
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
He belongs to the LA "Grips" No, no he belong's to the London 'blue'bloods.

Bogie
07-05-2006, 11:25 AM
or maybe he just doesn't want sweat in his eyes :o

hoosierbr
07-05-2006, 12:12 PM
He was wearing one at the US Open last year. Perhaps he's trying to take the mental headband edge away from Federer on Saturday. I've tried it myself in matches with headbangers - it doesn't work. :(

peter
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
He was wearing one at the US Open last year. Perhaps he's trying to take the mental headband edge away from Federer on Saturday. I've tried it myself in matches with headbangers - it doesn't work. :(

Or perhaps he simply doesn't like to have sweat in his eyes, is happily married, has kids, has plenty of money in the bank and is 34 years old and doesn't give a damn what people think :-)

Shabazza
07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Or perhaps he simply doesn't like to have sweat in his eyes, is happily married, has kids, has plenty of money in the bank and is 34 years old and doesn't give a damn what people think :-)
Amen!

Django
07-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Don't know about the headband, Rabbit, but that fist-pump after each big point is a definite gang sign that means, "I'm a BadAss Swede and that's how we roll."

arosen
07-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Cut the old man some slack. He is living a dream right now, this is his last big break at the slams. Unbelievable, Bjorkman in the semis.

Rabbit
07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
But, he is a bad *** Swede & he is on a roll!

Go Bjorkman!

hoosierbr
07-05-2006, 04:52 PM

True that. I'm a big Bjorkman fan - even more so after I met him. Great guy. Plus it gives guys like me who still play old school serve-and-volley hope, even if he's staying back more these days. He'll have to attack relentlessly if he's to stand a chance.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't break out the Brussels Step after the match. That's the sign of true badass Swede. I love it!

jaykay
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
True that. I'm a big Bjorkman fan - even more so after I met him. Great guy. Plus it gives guys like me who still play old school serve-and-volley hope, even if he's staying back more these days. He'll have to attack relentlessly if he's to stand a chance.

I'm a little disappointed he didn't break out the Brussels Step after the match. That's the sign of true badass Swede. I love it!

What is this Brussels step? Even the commentators on ESPN were referring to a 'Swedish dance' or something of that sort...

Pls explain. I'm real curious.

hoosierbr
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
What is this Brussels step? Even the commentators on ESPN were referring to a 'Swedish dance' or something of that sort...

Pls explain. I'm real curious.

It's just a little flashy dance move, well not really a dance move. I'm not Swedish and I've only seen it done a few times but you lift up your leg, stretch it out, grab your toes and step down in a high-step fashion. Now, that's a poor description, grant you, but that's the best I can do. Maybe a Swede or someone who's seen it or done it more often can give you a better description. Apparently it was taken from some Swedish t.v. show.

malakas
07-05-2006, 05:19 PM
It's just a little flashy dance move, well not really a dance move. I'm not Swedish and I've only seen it done a few times but you lift up your leg, stretch it out, grab your toes and step down in a high-step fashion. Now, that's a poor description, grant you, but that's the best I can do. Maybe a Swede or someone who's seen it or done it more often can give you a better description. Apparently it was taken from some Swedish t.v. show.

LOL
That sounds dangerous!!!!:mrgreen: