PDA

View Full Version : The sky is falling. Again.

ohplease
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I've decided that we should scrap the ATP and WTA tours and replace them with catty reality shows ala "American Idol." Catch a historical sure-thing like Sampras or Federer mid-career and their excellence and dominnce is boring. Fail to have someone lapping the field and we get complaints about humdrum parity. Either way, there's always something wrong with tennis.

I've said it before, but the tennis has already picked the low hanging fruit of bucking social convention and class warfare. That was 20, 25 years ago. Get over it. The only thing that era had on this one is a bunch of grown men behaving badly. Was the tennis better? Hardly, if at all.

Not enough drama? Why aren't you watching WWE, instead? Someone should tell Fed and Rafa to start warring through the press - cause apparently their tennis ain't enough to keep you all interested.

malakas
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Ohplease..oh..please!!
If tennis doesn't entertain you DON'T WATCH IT!!:rolleyes:

ohplease
07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Ohplease..oh..please!!
If tennis doesn't entertain you DON'T WATCH IT!!:rolleyes:

So we have someone missing the point in a thread about how complaints about the game are missing the point. Perfect.

Simon Cowell
07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
So we have someone missing the point in a thread about how complaints about the game are missing the point. Perfect.

LOL

malakas
07-05-2006, 03:21 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Very well..I didn't understand your sarcasm..Let me rephrase please.
Oh please EVERYONE that keeps all the time complaining..if you find tennis boring...stop complaining and DONT WATCH IT!!:rolleyes:

textbook strokes
07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Agree, agree, agree... . A famous spanish poet said once "En la memoria, todo tiempo pasado fue mejor", which means something like - The past looks always better-.
Its really annoying to read (cause it happens mostly exclusively in this board),the complaints about S&Vers in extintion, the lack of diversity, the charisma that Mac or other player brougth to tennis, and on and on and on....
Specially Wimbledon is now far more interesting to watch than before. Borg was the only player whom I use to think brougth diversity to London.
But is a waste of time to argue...
Is better to let them complain while the inmense majority of the world keep enjoyning the game