PDA

View Full Version : Fake luxilon strings?

ryomasengu
07-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I was wondering, i went to a local mexican tennis shop for the first time and this guy told me to buy these luxilon strings. And i know that luxilon is the craze right now, he told me he would sell me 10 sets for 80 dollars, so i thought, WHAT A DEAL! They looked fine in the packages, but when i got home and opened them. They were sorta slimy and wet, luxilon is never slimy and wet right? it was like they were melting. Plus i just realized the gauage on the package said 20 gauge. LUXILON DOESNT MAKE 20 GAUGE!? do they?

snoflewis
07-05-2006, 05:24 PM
I was wondering, i went to a local mexican tennis shop for the first time and this guy told me to buy these luxilon strings. And i know that luxilon is the craze right now, he told me he would sell me 10 sets for 80 dollars, so i thought, WHAT A DEAL! They looked fine in the packages, but when i got home and opened them. They were sorta slimy and wet, luxilon is never slimy and wet right? it was like they were melting. Plus i just realized the gauage on the package said 20 gauge. LUXILON DOESNT MAKE 20 GAUGE!? do they?

lol...do you even know which luxilons they were supposed to be?

mowcopian
07-05-2006, 05:27 PM

thats unlucky mate, although if you would have done your homework on your strings then you would not have been sold fake strings.

goober
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Is your post serious?- Local Mexican tennis shop?

-No 20 gauge strings for tennis that I have ever heard of. 19 is the smallest, why would you go even smaller? It would last like 10 minutes.

- Why would you buy 10 sets of strings you have never tried especially since it sounds like you know nothing about strings? What kind of strings were they? Luxilon has lots of different models.

tnig469
07-05-2006, 07:17 PM
-No 20 gauge strings for tennis that I have ever heard of. 19 is the smallest, why would you go even smaller? It would last like 10 minutes.

You can always use floss for string...maybe somone should try that :)

ryomasengu
07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
i am a 4.5 player. I just didnt realized it said 20 G, they looked so real, they are luxilon alu power rough. i have pictures if u want to see so it wont happen to u

goober
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
i am a 4.5 player. I just didnt realized it said 20 G, they looked so real, they are luxilon alu power rough. i have pictures if u want to see so it wont happen to u

Can you return them and get your money back? I assume you haven't open them.

It won't happen to me because I buy my strings from either TW or other reputable companies. But thanks for thinking about others :D

Still it would be interesting in to see them so please post... :)

milo
07-05-2006, 08:50 PM
maybe it is another string being painted to look like luxilon and packed in a luxilon package

Mike Danger
07-05-2006, 09:35 PM
yes lets see pics!

Dopke
07-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I find local tennis shops, retail or privately owned are pretty much rip offs when it comes to buying string.

TennisProPaul
07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
i will buy them from you for 50 bucks just for the fun of having mexican rip off strings

i might be able to sell them on "the auction site" as luxilon, and rip someone off

just email me the strings and i will email you the cash

MTChong
07-05-2006, 10:36 PM
i will buy them from you for 50 bucks just for the fun of having mexican rip off strings

i might be able to sell them on "the auction site" as luxilon, and rip someone off

just email me the strings and i will email you the cash

That's pretty messed up.

And yeah, he's just going to mail you strings so you can mail him cash AFTER.

snoflewis
07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
I find local tennis shops, retail or privately owned are pretty much rip offs when it comes to buying string.

hmm...then where do you get your strings? TW?

my local shops are pretty good w/ everything they sell. the larger one has rackets at unbelievable prices (yes..THE store in LA) but the one closer to me will always pricematch or beat their price, not charge tax, and provide better customer service...which is why i tend to get more stuff there than anywhere else. as for string, it's the same...the one closest to me carries most major brands and doesnt charge tax.

anonymous2364
07-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Mexican tennis shop.........

wow....

TennisProPaul
07-06-2006, 10:14 AM
im sure there is a tennis shop in most countries . very hard to understand im sure

!<-_->!
07-06-2006, 10:17 AM
snowflewis, what is the other store you go to? What city is it in? The one you mention is far for me and I'm hoping this other one you talk about is closer.

anonymous2364
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
ill go to a mexican soccer shop

for tennis maybe a russian shop