PDA

View Full Version : man suffers heart attack at wimbledon

Exia
07-05-2006, 05:33 PM
witnessing Natal picking his butt for the 1,00,000,000th time was TOO tramatic for the englishman

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/175/xin3506032922184338763205vz.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9259/xin3006032922143853403174ny.jpg

shawn1122
07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
WTF?! Is he ok?

Dan007
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
He suffered a heart attack after seeing Nadal picked his butt? That not funny. I hope the lines person is okay.

arosen
07-05-2006, 05:50 PM
The commentators said he had a heat stroke, not a heart attack, he was OK.

Dan007
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
The commentators said he had a heat stroke, not a heart attack, he was OK.

I know Winbledon really cares about tradition and stuff, but they shouldn't make their linesmen and women wear long sleve shirts and pants, long dresses for lineswomen. I think they should keep that all white outfit for players, but get the linespeople to wear some cool and comfortable clothes throughout the match. They're really standing outside in the heat for 3-4 hours wearing long sleved shirt and pants.

tennis_nerd22
07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
witnessing Natal picking his butt for the 1,00,000,000th time was TOO tramatic for the englishman

i laugh at almost anything and everything, but that is not funny... it is sad.

anyways, glad to hear the guy is ok

Exia
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
i saw the BBC news afterwards IT WAS a heart-attack.

of course he is ok otherwise i would not joke about it fool

oscar_2424
07-05-2006, 06:23 PM
not funny...

Exia
07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
americans never understand irony . silly fools

tennisfreak
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
He must have been lulled to sleep by the monotony of Nadal's play, the endless whack-whack, whack-whack with all topsin-no pace. He must have been the midsts of a peaceful revelry, dreaming about the days of yore where Mcenroe blitzed through the field with flair, dramata, and a dazzling variety of shots. Meanwhile, on the court Nadal's opponent must have been sick of the whack-whack, whack-whack topspin-no-pace-monotony of Nadal, and ripped a winner down the line. Suddenly, the crowd erupts. The sudden outburst is too much, and his arteries, blocked by the cholesterol-laden typical British diet- of bacon, eggs, and blood-sausage, can't handle the sudden increase in his blood pressure, and he drops of a heartattack. Luckily, he is okay. We do not need yet another victim bored to death by the endless whack-whack, whack-whack, all topspin-no pace, whack-whack, whack-whack of Nadal's coma-inducing play.

Exia
07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
the baseline rally was soo boring the umpire fell into a coma

jaykay
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
He must have been lulled to sleep by the monotony of Nadal's play, the endless whack-whack, whack-whack with all topsin-no pace. He must have been the midsts of a peaceful revelry, dreaming about the days of yore where Mcenroe blitzed through the field with flair, dramata, and a dazzling variety of shots. Meanwhile, on the court Nadal's opponent must have been sick of the whack-whack, whack-whack topspin-no-pace-monotony of Nadal, and ripped a winner down the line. Suddenly, the crowd erupts. The sudden outburst is too much, and his arteries, blocked by the cholesterol-laden typical British diet- of bacon, eggs, and blood-sausage, can't handle the sudden increase in his blood pressure, and he drops of a heartattack. Luckily, he is okay. We do not need yet another victim bored to death by the endless whack-whack, whack-whack, all topspin-no pace, whack-whack, whack-whack of Nadal's coma-inducing play.

---chortle---, good one!

textbook strokes
07-05-2006, 07:31 PM

You must be an expert in boredom. Your post clearly shows it.

jaykay
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM

Nadal fans don't see the humor...

tennisfreak
07-05-2006, 07:42 PM

Yes, thank you. Your observation is astute. I am one of the experts. However, I am not the foremost expert. I must concede that honor to Nadal.

arnz
07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Nadal fans don't see the humor...

Tennis is just a sport, and fans can ridicule each other's favorites in a light hearted way. They can even attack each other.All in good fun

But this was a person who suffered either a heat stroke or heart attack, and I think its in supremely bad taste to use it this way. Two thumbs down.
:(

LN_Dad
07-05-2006, 09:29 PM
you're a fool for making fun of a man falling ill. You can make fun of Nadal if you feel like it but at least he showed some concern for this man unlike you.

alienhamster
07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
americans never understand irony . silly fools If that's your idea of irony, remind me not to sign up for your English class.

That being said, this incident is potentially humorous, just like anything else. But I just fail to see the irony here.

BreakPoint
07-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I was at the US Open in 1998 watching the Sampras-Goldstein match when an usher right in front of me collapsed and had a heart attack. Someone yelled, "Is there a doctor in the house?", and this being NYC, and being a prestigious major tennis tournament, about 50 people around me raised their hands. :)

grimmbomb21
07-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I was at the US Open in 1998 watching the Sampras-Goldstein match when an usher right in front of me collapsed and had a heart attack. Someone yelled, "Is there a doctor in the house?", and this being NYC, and being a prestigious major tennis tournament, about 50 people around me raised their hands. :)

LOL!! That's good stuff....the 50 doctors, not the heart attack.

grimmbomb21
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM

# The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
# An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Hi. I'm American, and can't see the irony, due to the fact that I'm a silly fool. Could you please choose one of the above definitions of "irony", and explain how the linesman having a heart attack is, in fact, "ironic.

vive le beau jeu !
07-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Yes, thank you. Your observation is astute. I am one of the experts. However, I am not the foremost expert. I must concede that honor to Nadal.
eheh... i'm sure he will be touched by your modesty, no ? ;)

Rhino
07-06-2006, 12:35 AM
# The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
# An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Hi. I'm American, and can't see the irony, due to the fact that I'm a silly fool. Could you please choose one of the above definitions of "irony", and explain how the linesman having a heart attack is, in fact, "ironic.

Well said. Exia is now just trying to dig himself out the hole he has dug with this bad taste thread. I am not American and I don't find this thread funny or ironic either.

sinatra161
07-06-2006, 12:55 AM

This would make a great sig if it wasn't so long!whack-whack,whack-whack:mrgreen: ...

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 01:39 AM

first you make a tastelss and insensitive post and then insult America. But thats No problem with the censors because as long as you are a Fed fan you can just go ahead and say anything that you want to.

Dedans Penthouse
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Ex-Laxia:

Funny you should mention it; here I am reading your oh-so-clever little post, while at the same, I'm suffering the pangs associated with acute constipation.

Now THAT, you tangible form of flattuce, is irony.

Deferring to grimmbomb21 and alienhamster's better "schooling" of your sorry, semi-illiterate arse than I could, I will however, add this: your original post's impotent (and mean-spirited) attempt at whimsy was based solely on an invented causal relationship between Nadal and the unfortunate soul who collapsed. And that, tumbleweed, does not constitute irony.

Apparently, my little School Boy-in-Disgrace, if you had reserved your school boy "enthusiasm" for learning remedial items such as irony instead of centering your 'enthusiasm' more towards the headmaster and his apparent penchant for meting out 'stiff discipline' with his stout Board-of-Education (or was it with his birch rod?) after class, then maybe you wouldn't have been so quick-on-the-trigger; so quick to have blown it ....... yet again.

:o (open wide, school boy!)

Ex-laxia: "americans never understand irony. silly fools."
Au contraire, mon fraire. Something, you loathsome swine, is telling me that I'm looking at IT as I type.

tennis_nerd22
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
the baseline rally was soo boring the umpire fell into a coma

your a f***ing idiot.

we're saying its not funny because getting a heart attack can kill someone. if you laugh at that, your an inconsiderate fool. i mean how can you laugh at someone getting a serious health problem and almost dying?

how would you feel if we laughed at YOU when you got a heart attack?

Eviscerator
07-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Lighten up and take it easy guys.

Dedans Penthouse
07-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Lighten up and take it easy guys.
Yeah, you're right Eviscerator; our emotions ARE probably getting the better of us.....

Ex-Laxia:

Excuse' moi; maybe I should've realized from the onset that you're probably too dumb to pour **** out of a boat. Maybe not. But no matter; my shell-like ears still gapeth open wide if only to hear wailing howls of pain from your mealy piehole. Avert to thee, thy ugly face and go fetch us all libation before we tear you a new ***, you sniveling, little c0cksucker.

Eviscerator......that better? :-)

theartoftennis
07-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Ahhh, the sweet sound of american hostility after the 4th of July.

arnz
07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, you're right Eviscerator; our emotions ARE probably getting the better of us.....

Ex-Laxia:

Excuse' moi; maybe I should've realized from the onset that you're probably too dumb to pour **** out of a boat. Maybe not. But no matter; my shell-like ears still gapeth open wide if only to hear wailing howls of pain from your mealy piehole. Avert to thee, thy ugly face and go fetch us all libation before we tear you a new ***, you sniveling, little c0cksucker.

Eviscerator......that better? :-)

Shakespeare couldn't have done it any better :mrgreen:

mowcopian
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
blimin hek, is he alright. how can anyone find tht funny.

Dedans Penthouse
07-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Ahhh, the sweet sound of (A)american hostility after the 4th of July.
Before you go "holier-than-thou" on me with the "american hostility" angle, do recall what started it: the OP. And if you choose to ignore that fact, then I can't help you. Our "OP" School-Boy-in-Disgrace thought that the sight of a fallen official who (in his words) "suffered a heart attack" was yuk/yuk over-the-top funny. Guess what? It was flat out mean-spirited; so again, please bear that in mind. I'm not the bad guy, my over-the-top lampooning notwithstanding. I AM however, the son-of-a-b!tch that will CALL him on mean-spirited b.s. such as that. Big difference. That is unless your intent really was to take a free pot shot via the "(A)american hostility" angle? :cool: ???

THE SIGHT OF A FALLEN OFFICIAL (PERSON) FACING A POSSIBLY FATAL EPISODE IS NOT FUNNY-imo.

regards.

Exia
07-07-2006, 02:43 AM
well most of the americans have benen making jokes about the 7/7 bombings so obviously i HAVE to defend myself (note-tennis freak)

Phil
07-07-2006, 04:16 AM
well most of the americans have benen making jokes about the 7/7 bombings so obviously i HAVE to defend myself (note-tennis freak)

Sorry, little schoolboy, but I can assure you that no one in America is making jokes about 7/7. No one. As a country that suffered a massive terrorist attack itself, that just isn't happening, spanky.

You show me some PROOF of that, other than this lame witted ATTEMPT of yours to climb out of your hole by bringing up THIS red herring (and a LIE to boot), and I'll buy you another pack of Ex-Lax for that diharrea-flooded brain of yours. But, even if you CAN, it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot who wouldn't know irony if it fell from the sky and crushed your skull.

BTW, nice "swipe" Dedans. Swipe as in, swipped by a friggin' Mac Truck!

janipyt05
07-07-2006, 04:19 AM

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/175/xin3506032922184338763205vz.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9259/xin3006032922143853403174ny.jpg

you mite actually find this funny but it really isn't. Your choice of jokes are shameful :rolleyes:

Dedans Penthouse
07-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Most americans were "making jokes" about the 7/7 London bombings? Some americans were "making jokes about the 7/7 London bombings? ....... What jokes might those be?

Try NONE, you red-herring waving liar; you 24 carat phony. And what's more, you KNOW it. What kind of pig insults the memory of 52 innocent victims by casually incorporating their memory into an outright lie?

Bad form c0ckroach; very bad form.

To the assemblege (sans OP): on a more elevated note, ESPN, in a rare show of sensitivity and class, featured a touching, poignant tribute to the memory of that tragic day at the very beginning of today's Wimbledon coverage. Kudos to whoever at ESPN was responsible for that.

Exia
07-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Phil you are a pathetic little boy i have received countless messages of abuse from you lately.
And making jokes about the 7/7 bombings is VERY insulting to myself. HOW DARE YOU!

tennis_nerd22
07-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry, little schoolboy, but I can assure you that no one in America is making jokes about 7/7. No one. As a country that suffered a massive terrorist attack itself, that just isn't happening, spanky.

You show me some PROOF of that, other than this lame witted ATTEMPT of yours to climb out of your hole by bringing up THIS red herring (and a LIE to boot), and I'll buy you another pack of Ex-Lax for that diharrea-flooded brain of yours. But, even if you CAN, it doesn't change the fact that you're an idiot who wouldn't know irony if it fell from the sky and crushed your skull.

BTW, nice "swipe" Dedans. Swipe as in, swipped by a friggin' Mac Truck!

good post phil

Stinkdyr
07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi, um, Rafa here. Hey, if you had to wear these metrosexual capri pants, you would be picking your butt a lot too. So there.

brucie
07-07-2006, 11:39 AM
WTF?! Is he ok?
Well hes had a heart attack! I guess not!

Tchocky
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
More like he got dizzy counting how much time Nadal takes to get ready for the next point.

adlis
08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Wtf is he still alive exia?

Serendipitous
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Wtf is he still alive exia?

Was that really necessary?

Lionheart392
08-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Is it wrong that I giggled when I saw the original post? I am going to burn in hell.