PDA

View Full Version : Is Federer a Robot??

tennisfreak
07-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Okay guys and gals, this question has been bugging me for a very long time. Is Federer really a robot? If he is a robot, what evil corporation could be behind such a scheme, and if they can produce a cyborg such as Federer, what other machinations are they capable of? Indeed, have they already infected the world with these robots? Robots that betray no emotion, have no remorse, and speak five languages. Is world domination by an army of Federer clones one of their objectives? I can think of some reasons he might just be a robot, and some reasons that he might not be.

Reasons Federer might really be a robot:

1. Federer dispatches his opponents with robot-like efficiency - ala Deep-Blue vs the best chess grandmasters in the world.

2. Federer displays no real human emotion. Whatever human emotion Federer betrays could just be clever coding on the programmers part. A collection of if/then statements that simulate the most basic of human emotions.

3. Federer's girlfriend is a beast. A human of Federer's caliber would have chosen a much hotter girlfriend.

Reasons Federer is not a robot.

1. We do not yet have the technology to produce a cyborg like a Roger Federer.

2. He occasionally has lapses in concentration. A real robot would not lose concentration. (Of course, it could be argued that his lapses in concentration is a facade cleverly encoded by the programmer in order for Roger to more easily pass as a human.)

3. His right arm dwarfs his left arm. A real robot, with the benefits of titanium alloy, would not have such a discrepancy.

arnz
07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I dont know which is sadder, the fact that you had time to write all of that, or the fact that I had time to read it. In any case, I think its pathetic :)

Breaker
07-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Indeed he is, raftermania has given a detailed and well researched analysis of the situation and the modifications to this "Federer" over the years.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=38204&highlight=federer+robot

Enjoy :mrgreen:

tenis
07-05-2006, 08:21 PM
It is going to be worst and worst here. Test your IQ!

shawn1122
07-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Can we try to stay within the realms of reality? The man's a nice guy, I don't think that characteristic can be programmed yet.

tennisfreak
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Indeed he is, raftermania has given a detailed and well researched analysis of the situation and the modifications to this "Federer" over the years.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=federer+robot

Enjoy

Haha, I didn't realize such a thorough analysis has already been performed. Indeed, the evidence towards Roger being a robot seems to be mounting by the moment. :)

jaykay
07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Funny thread, tennisfreak; I enjoyed it. But I daresay, Raftermania, with his superlative wacky sense of humor beat you to it...

Phil
07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
I dont know which is sadder, the fact that you had time to write all of that, or the fact that I had time to read it. In any case, I think its pathetic :)

What arnz said (except, w/out the smiley face).

psp2
07-05-2006, 09:08 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

siber222000
07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
y are we keep making this kind of thread... come on guys Federer is a Federer, nothing else, nothing more...

brucie
07-06-2006, 01:33 AM
What about when he goes walkabout in the 2nd set and goes to a tiebreak is he still a robot then, i suppose he just needs recharging, right?

And when he cries whn he wins a grandslam, still a robot? Maybe its just a battery acid leak or something!

brucie
07-06-2006, 01:35 AM
[QUOTE=tennisfreak]
Reasons Federer might really be a robot
3. Federer's girlfriend is a beast. A human of Federer's caliber would have chosen a much hotter girlfriend.

Maybe Mirka is also a robot. ;)

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Fed has the personality of a robot for sure...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shabazza
07-06-2006, 01:59 AM
What arnz said (except, w/out the smiley face).
Ditto!

Chang
07-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Okay guys and gals, this question has been bugging me for a very long time. Is Federer really a robot? If he is a robot, what evil corporation could be behind such a scheme, and if they can produce a cyborg such as Federer, what other machinations are they capable of? Indeed, have they already infected the world with these robots? Robots that betray no emotion, have no remorse, and speak five languages. Is world domination by an army of Federer clones one of their objectives? I can think of some reasons he might just be a robot, and some reasons that he might not be.

Reasons Federer might really be a robot:

1. Federer dispatches his opponents with robot-like efficiency - ala Deep-Blue vs the best chess grandmasters in the world.

2. Federer displays no real human emotion. Whatever human emotion Federer betrays could just be clever coding on the programmers part. A collection of if/then statements that simulate the most basic of human emotions.

Reasons Federer is not a robot.

1. We do not yet have the technology to produce a cyborg like a Roger Federer.

2. He occasionally has lapses in concentration. A real robot would not lose concentration. (Of course, it could be argued that his lapses in concentration is a facade cleverly encoded by the programmer in order for Roger to more easily pass as a human.)

3. His right arm dwarfs his left arm. A real robot, with the benefits of titanium alloy, would not have such a discrepancy.

Get a life. How can a robot play with so much vairety and play such a complicated game. If Fed is a robot, then Nadal must be one also. He seemed to be programmed to hit ground strokes with no other shot.
Very lame, a cyborg is more likely to have Nadal's muscular build than Federer's slight gut.

The Pusher Terminator
07-06-2006, 02:53 AM
I Dont Know If He Is A Robot But He Is Certainly The Ugliest #1 In The History Of Tennis

Marat Safinator
07-06-2006, 03:04 AM
the guy that made this is a ******

skip1969
07-06-2006, 03:10 AM
mom, i've fallen in love . . . with a robot.

Frenchie
09-17-2006, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlfJlttjwhA

Footage of robot Roger.