PDA

View Full Version : Federer vs Nadal : The TRUE #1 is Clear

TennisProPaul
07-06-2006, 07:56 AM
As you can clearly see the rankings dont play favorites(unless you play more events) . The rankings show the player who wins the most overall, not head to head results. #5 Roddick is closer to Nadal (2100 points apart) then Nadal is to Federer(2700 points apart). Nadal is closing the gap, but still has a huge mountain to climb.

Its very clear to any person that Federer is the clear #1 and Nadal is the clear #2. Just be happy we will get to see these 2 great players in dozens of finals for years to come. If in that time Nadal will pass Federer then and only then will you be able to say Nadal is #1. Ohh by the way, Nadal has played 2 more events then Federer.

INDESIT ATP RANKINGS

1st Federer , R. 7260
2nd Nadal , R. 4545
3rd Nalbandian , D. 3360
4th Ljubicic , I. 3055
5th Roddick , A. 2430
6th Davydenko , N. 2195
7th Blake , J. 2085
8th Robredo , T. 1920
9th Hewitt , L. 1900
10th Ancic , M. 1885

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/entrysystem/

= marios =
07-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Haven't we had enough Federer vs Nadal threads already?

skip1969
07-06-2006, 08:03 AM
word.

Surecatch
07-06-2006, 08:03 AM

A better subject might be "Who is a candidate to move past #3." I think Blake or Bhagdatis could be major players in the next few years and I still think that with a serve like his, Roddick could make a major comeback should he ever get his head on straight and improve some other facets of his game.

skip1969
07-06-2006, 08:22 AM
surecatch, you made a good post on another thread giving both federer and nadal their due, which was cool. but seriously, EVERY FRIGGIN' THREAD on this board that deals with either player just turns stupid. you swear these cats had stock in FEDERER LLC or NADAL INC. the way they carry on . . . back and forth, back and forth . . . so much emotion, so much venom, that common sense or graciousness flies right out the window. i feel like i'm locked in a room filled with screaming kindergarteners! calgon, take me away!

and it's the same sh*t EVERY tournament. and between every tournament. so there's no room to talk about anything else, or any other player on the men's tour. i know nadal and fed are the top two players in the world. but re-hashing the SAME sh*t every week gets old.

arnz
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I dont have stock, but I may just put money in the finals :)

skip1969
07-06-2006, 08:30 AM
19 threads on the first page with about fed and nadal. or about who's the greatest or who's #1 (which is really just a roundabout way of talking about fed or nadal). maybe 5 dealing with something else. though, i'm sure even in those 5, some dumb*ss mentioned fed and nadal anyway. :rolleyes:

TennisProPaul
07-06-2006, 08:59 AM
surecatch, you made a good post on another thread giving both federer and nadal their due, which was cool. but seriously, EVERY FRIGGIN' THREAD on this board that deals with either player just turns stupid. you swear these cats had stock in FEDERER LLC or NADAL INC. the way they carry on . . . back and forth, back and forth . . . so much emotion, so much venom, that common sense or graciousness flies right out the window. i feel like i'm locked in a room filled with screaming kindergarteners! calgon, take me away!

and it's the same sh*t EVERY tournament. and between every tournament. so there's no room to talk about anything else, or any other player on the men's tour. i know nadal and fed are the top two players in the world. but re-hashing the SAME sh*t every week gets old.

SO WHAT PLAYERS SIDE WILL YOU TAKE??? NADAL OR FEDERER

skip1969
07-06-2006, 12:27 PM
oh, i gotta take a side, do i?? :D

in regards to what?

typingchamp
07-06-2006, 01:59 PM
As you can clearly see the rankings dont play favorites(unless you play more events) . The rankings show the player who wins the most overall, not head to head results. #5 Roddick is closer to Nadal (2100 points apart) then Nadal is to Federer(2700 points apart). Nadal is closing the gap, but still has a huge mountain to climb.

Its very clear to any person that Federer is the clear #1 and Nadal is the clear #2. Just be happy we will get to see these 2 great players in dozens of finals for years to come. If in that time Nadal will pass Federer then and only then will you be able to say Nadal is #1. Ohh by the way, Nadal has played 2 more events then Federer.

INDESIT ATP RANKINGS

1st Federer , R. 7260
2nd Nadal , R. 4545
3rd Nalbandian , D. 3360
4th Ljubicic , I. 3055
5th Roddick , A. 2430
6th Davydenko , N. 2195
7th Blake , J. 2085
8th Robredo , T. 1920
9th Hewitt , L. 1900
10th Ancic , M. 1885

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/entrysystem/

Hmm, considering that Nadal missed year-end championships and Aussie Open, those numbers are about right, considering he has zero points in those two big tourneys. He also went out early at Wimby and US Open last year so it's a miracle he is number two.

Feds numbers are as high as they can go, but Nadal has a LOT of points he can make up. You don't have to try hard to get better than zero points at Aussie Open next year.

Nadal can be number if he continues the way he has by the end of Aussie Open 2007.

Ripper
07-06-2006, 02:07 PM

They can both go to hell :cool:

The tennis guy
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmm, considering that Nadal missed year-end championships and Aussie Open, those numbers are about right, considering he has zero points in those two big tourneys. He also went out early at Wimby and US Open last year so it's a miracle he is number two.

Feds numbers are as high as they can go, but Nadal has a LOT of points he can make up. You don't have to try hard to get better than zero points at Aussie Open next year.

Nadal can be number if he continues the way he has by the end of Aussie Open 2007.

Are you able to look at other side of coin? Do you know how many tournaments Federer missed? Both of them missed big tournaments in the past year because of injury. Injury is part of sports. Federer has played much fewer tournaments than Nadal in the past 12 months.