PDA

View Full Version : New England Tennis Holidays -- Vermont?

bcaz
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone attended any of the New England Tennis Holidays camps or programs at the Vermont location? How were the instruction, facilities, accommodations, etc.? Red clay, green clay or hardcourt? Any indoor facilities for rainy days? What is the area like? Can anyone compare the Vermont NETH experience with the original, located in North Conway, New Hampshire? Thanks in advance ...

bcaz
07-19-2006, 11:23 PM
bump -- New Hampshire, Vermont, anyone?

NoBadMojo
07-20-2006, 04:09 PM
bcaz...i wish i could help you. i cant tell you who is good, but i wouldnt recommend the gunterman place ..i think they are at stratton mtn

rasajadad
07-21-2006, 05:07 AM
I know the Inn at Essex is very nice. Can't vouch for the program, though. I agree with NoBad on Gunterman, the quality varies week by week. (I had my son in it for 4 weeks last summer.)

basil J
07-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I attended 3 years ago for 4 days in Conway NH. Accomodations were excellent , food was excellent, Instruction was very lower intermediate. All off of Ball machines. Tons of volleys and groundies. We spent a total of 10 minutes on serves.All scrimmage play was doubles. I would rather go back to Saddlebrook in Florida. Now that was a tennis camp!!!

bcaz
07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks, guys. It was 118 degrees here today until a big windstorm came through and pushed it down to about 99 right now. Even so, it's still humid, sticky, and about to rain a little. I'm slated to be out on the court from 7:30 am tomorrow morning until about 11 o'clock. It should "cool down" to about 113 tomorrow, so it should only be about 105 or so when I get off the court. At least it's only doubles ... Isn't this a great game?

I've actually attended the North Conway camp a few times in recent years and would echo basil's comments. I'm thinking of getting out of hel-, uh, I mean, Arizona for a little while and I'm considering the Vermont NETH camp next month for a change. I'll file a report if I go.

john whilesmith
08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Instruction is first rate and pitched at exactly the right level. Food is excellent, accommodation so-so. Price is excellent.

John