PDA

View Full Version : anyone get the Revives yet?

Mike Danger
07-06-2006, 04:54 PM
they say they have more room in the toe box anyone find that to be the case?

BaseLineBash
07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
They look like trouble if you ask me, part of a sole that comes completely off? Remember, these were not built and developed by NASA, but by women and children in a nike shop... It's like buying an airplane with easily detachable wings, not something you want to be easily detatched.

Mike Danger
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
thanks but that does not answer my question.

raven5288
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM
right....I've heard that although the removable sole seams questionable, it really is a stable, good all around shoe

fantom
07-07-2006, 06:12 AM
They look like trouble if you ask me, part of a sole that comes completely off? Remember, these were not built and developed by NASA, but by women and children in a nike shop... It's like buying an airplane with easily detachable wings, not something you want to be easily detatched.

The women and children in the sweat-shops don't design the shoes and test them. That is done by engineers and tennis players.

The women and children just MANUFACTURE them.

BackSpin
07-07-2006, 06:22 AM
true, i will grab a pair later in the summer. i wonder if they will continue this in 2007.

BaseLineBash
07-07-2006, 11:22 PM
The women and children in the sweat-shops don't design the shoes and test them. That is done by engineers and tennis players.

The women and children just MANUFACTURE them.
I think my point was taken regardless, you're barking up the wrong tree with the caps. I don't write for the post. Find me a shoe that is identical to the same make and I'll show you a blind man.

jamauss
07-10-2006, 03:23 PM
So I heard a rumor that Nike will soon start selling the outer soles separately. Anybody know if this is true or not?

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
So I heard a rumor that Nike will soon start selling the outer soles separately. Anybody know if this is true or not?

i think they will. nike used to have basketball shoes w/ replaceable "skins" which were basically the outsole AND the uppers...it was pretty cool. they were like $20 w/ different styles and stuff.

here's a pic: the one on the left is the skin and the one on the right is the inner. basically it's a shoe inside a shoe

quest01
07-10-2006, 03:37 PM
If your a good tennis player buy them, but if your not that great dont bother. They are a little to expensive for me, but if you stink at tennis, dont embarise yourself with these.

jamauss
07-10-2006, 03:52 PM
i think they will. nike used to have basketball shoes w/ replaceable "skins" which were basically the outsole AND the uppers...it was pretty cool. they were like $20 w/ different styles and stuff.

here's a pic: the one on the left is the skin and the one on the right is the inner. basically it's a shoe inside a shoe
Pic missing?

JLBAYERR
07-10-2006, 05:19 PM
i understand how the soles keep on in the front, but what keeps it holding together in the back?

Thunderbrat
07-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I've played a number of times in my new Revives and I love them. They play like most other high-end Nikes; snug fit, low ride, light weight, not a lot of comfort/cushioning.

To try and answer a few questions I've seen:

First, I would not say that they offer any extra room in the toe box. I find most Nikes to be snug in this area (except for the Resolve.) Probably the tightest part of the shoe is about a third of the way from the front (the widest part of your foot.) It is tight here because the replaceable outer sole comes over the top of the front of the shoe to this point and it fits on pretty tight. This tightness is mostly vertical (you feel it on top of your foot.)

Second, The outer sole fits on snugly by tightly lining up around the entire shoe, coming over the front of the shoe and lining up with a rail like ridge down the center of the entire shoe. I've played about 5 matches with my pair and I have noticed no slippage whatsoever. Once the outer sole is in place this shoe looks and acts like any regular one-piece shoe in that regard.

I paid 110 US for my pair and received two outer soles, one red and one blue. They are made with Nike's DRC2 compound so I figure they'll last. It's really like paying 55 US for two pairs of high quality shoes. Not a bad deal and if they sell the outersoles separately in the future it will be even better.

I highly reccommend these shoes.

kreative
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
too bad the cushioning will go out in a few months....they should have replaceable ones as well.