PDA

View Full Version : strings sliding a lot...

IluvBoris
07-07-2006, 06:30 AM
my o3 red is strung at 60 lbs with prince premier softflex 16. They are sliding a lot in the center. How does this effect my game (spin, etc). Also, should I use string savers to avoid this? I have been hitting the ball harder with this new racquet and my serve has become much stronger with a more pop and spin. So i'm not sure if it's me or the string that's causing this.

theace21
07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Sting savers are not going to prevent the sliding, only reduce the notching. Strings move, I just move them back the next point. If it bothers you that much you can try one of the many poly's, they pretty much stay put.

LoveThisGame
07-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Prince Premier Softflex plays very well. BUT, IF you are a topspinner to any degree, the strings are going to move ... and drive more folks than Monk crazy ... and notch and break. Probably fine for flatter hitting.

The only solution I can think to offer to a topspinner witht this string is to always keep the same grip, that is always hit forehands with the same face of the racquet. In that way the mains will bow to the side to a point where they can't move more.