PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Bab PD+, need strings

Juggurnaut
07-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I want a hybrid, and I was briefly considering Roddicks combination of gut in the crosses and Hurricane mains. However, i've heard that it's the mains that give the overall pop and feel of the racquet, and I know Federer has gut in the mains. Also, what tensions should I give for each string? Now i'm not trying to imitate the pros or anything, but i'm just wondering what combination I should get for this stick.

Thanks for any advice.

(Edited to add the tension line)

Juggurnaut
07-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm apparently drawing a lot of blank faces, so i'll reword my question: do you recommend natural gut in the mains or crosses? I understand gut breaks easily and would last longer in the crosses, but I almost never break strings.

Bogie
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
some sort of poly mains and gut crosses works best

Juggurnaut
07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
And about tension, what should the variance be? Should I keep it at 56 pounds for both, or have the mains strung tighter like TW recommends?

Micky
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Hola Juggurnaut,

It is very common here to see Babolat Tour Duralast 16 @ 59 for the mains and Gamma Challenger 16 @ 61 for the crosses.

Micky

Bogie
07-07-2006, 11:15 PM
uh.......two problems with that.

1. duralast is difficult to find in america unless theres the occasional e-bay auction with it.
2.juggurnaut has stated that he would like guy and hurricane or some sort of poly hybrid.

juggurnaut, i personally like to string the mains tighter than the crosses. gives me a little more feel out of the crosses and playability while still maintaining a higher tension with the durable poly main.