PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played with Babolat pro hurricane tour strings?

Mr.Federer
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Has anyone played with this string? What are your thoughts on it? I'm interested in this string.

Thanks

Mr.Federer
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
It's supposedly Nadal's strings.

kchau
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
i dont even know where to get em..

but they come in optic yellow, which is pretty cool.

Mr.Federer
07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
i dont even know where to get em..

but they come in optic yellow, which is pretty cool.

hmmm...perhaps the string isn't released in the Us? It sure is in Canada.

HarvardQPham
07-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I wrote Babolat to ask them for some sample string, and they told me they didn't have any, but they would be in stores in the US in September. I've been tempted to buy the Babolat Tour Duralast string, but I might just wait for the Pro Hurricane Tour. Mr. Federer...where in Canada can you get it???

emcee
07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
How is it supposed to be different from regular Pro Hurricanes?

tennis_nerd22
07-08-2006, 05:42 AM

really? where? i havent seen it...:(

edit: nevermind mr.federer, i found it at that tennis*zon store in montreal on their website...

Mr.Federer
07-09-2006, 02:15 PM
guess not...anyways I'll take this string next time I'll get my frames strung.

Jonnyf
07-09-2006, 02:24 PM
guess not...anyways I'll take this string next time I'll get my frames strung.

Please do id love to hear how it plays

bsandy
07-09-2006, 02:53 PM
Someone mentioned before (Rafa's Tech), Nadal uses a string called Duralast. It's a 135 and only available in Europe.

I've used Pro Hurricane +, it reminds me of monogut, all the way down to the smell when you cut it out.

. . . Bud

jak914
07-09-2006, 05:57 PM
i looked it up on the babolat site and it is not imported to the united states :( I would like to try it

mutt
07-10-2006, 07:10 AM
If you want to buy in Canada, Try tennis*on.com (the * is the letter z). But that stuff is pretty expensive, more than Alu Power!

BORG
07-12-2006, 01:45 AM
I have tested the new hurricane tour in 1.25 mm, it is yellow and have a textured surface. I use it together with exel crosses in my Prince O3 white, it is a very nice combination.

Compared with original pro hurricane it has a little more power and feels slightly softer but still firm. The string is very spinfriendly.

In Sweden the string was released about 3 weeks ago.

slice bh compliment
07-12-2006, 02:04 AM
They are octagonal, yellow and I tried some today. It was just in the mains, with tonic in the X's. You can barely notice the strange shape. I don't even like polyester, even the high-end sutff, but this hybrid felt great to me (probably 'cause of the gut). I think Hurr.Tour comes out in the US really soon. I wonder if it will feel good for a couple of weeks, like the multifilament I currently use.

EDIT: Not today. It was yesterday -- I happened to be there when the rep came by avec demos.

doriancito
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
i did for a while, they are really good, they lose too mcuh tension though because they never break!!!! they are very well lubricated so they wont move from where they are suposed ot be

HarvardQPham
07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Any problems with just trying to string the mains and crosses with the Tour? I've never actually tried hybrid before. Would it make a huge difference (sorry for the rook question)?

Nike Man
07-25-2006, 01:43 AM
And does anyone know when/if they will be coming out in the U.K? i really want to try this string....