PDA

View Full Version : Klippermate Starting Pin, Please Help!!!

ccelis
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't own a Klippermate but I just ordered one try on my SP SWing. I am a little confused on how to use this product and klipper said they don't have a single page of direction on this, but I could buy the manuel for $4, but I don;t have a Klipper so no use for it. I was wondering if any Kipper owners would be kind enough to scan the page that demonstrates how to use the starting pin in the manuel and email it to me at carloscelis79@hotmail.com.
I would really apreciate it.

Thanks

tnig469
07-07-2006, 01:27 PM
You are suppose to tension the first main...then put the starting pin in the hole to the right at the throat and clamp the string and pin together....

Logos
07-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I sent you the pics. If they don't work, the starting pin goes in the hole adjacent to the first string being tensioned. Once it is being tensioned clamp that string to the pin. The pin can be removed after you do the next string.
Good Luck!
EDIT: Whether the pin goes at the head or the throat depends on the racquet.

ccelis
07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Thank you both for the help and the pic's, hopefully it will make more sense when I have it in my hand.

Thanks

CheapStrings
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
ccelis,
You'd only use the starting pin if your SP swing uses floating clamps. The purpose of the pin is to allow the tensioning of first 2 mains individually.

To do this you put one of your floating clamps on the first 2 mains at the opposite end of where you are going to tension. Then you tension one of tne mains. Since floating clamps always clamp off on 2 strings and you only have one string tensioned, the starting pin substitutes for the missing string. You put the pin in the grommet hole next to the tensioned main and clamp off that tensioned main.

Then you tension the second main, remove the clamp from the far end and reclamp it on the two tensioned mains you have done. You can now remove the clamp that was on the starring pin and take the pin out. You don't use it again.

ccelis
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
ccelis,
You'd only use the starting pin if your SP swing uses floating clamps. The purpose of the pin is to allow the tensioning of first 2 mains individually.

To do this you put one of your floating clamps on the first 2 mains at the opposite end of where you are going to tension. Then you tension one of tne mains. Since floating clamps always clamp off on 2 strings and you only have one string tensioned, the starting pin substitutes for the missing string. You put the pin in the grommet hole next to the tensioned main and clamp off that tensioned main.

Then you tension the second main, remove the clamp from the far end and reclamp it on the two tensioned mains you have done. You can now remove the clamp that was on the starring pin and take the pin out. You don't use it again.

Great Thanks
Sounds like a very usefull tool.