PDA

View Full Version : hybrid?

300Gkid
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I have a few questions regarding hybrid stringing. First, do you need to have a 1/2 set or can you get a full set and use it on 2 racquets? 2nd, In your opinion what are the best string choices to use for this, i have a Dunlop 300G(i've heard poly and natural gut work well, unfortunatley Natural Gut is very expensive so....) (please mention particular strings).

300Gkid
07-08-2006, 08:05 AM
anyone????

Midlife crisis
07-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I have a few questions regarding hybrid stringing. First, do you need to have a 1/2 set or can you get a full set and use it on 2 racquets? 2nd, In your opinion what are the best string choices to use for this, i have a Dunlop 300G(i've heard poly and natural gut work well, unfortunatley Natural Gut is very expensive so....) (please mention particular strings).

In most cases, one full set can be cut in half to use as two half-sets in a hybrid. The exceptions would be racquets where you need more than 20 or 21 feet (most full sets are 40-42 feet or so), in which case you won't quite have enough for two full sets.

As far as the best strings, that is an individual thing. It would be like asking what is the best car for me, when you have no idea if I'm skinny, fat, short, tall, or have a family of ten I need to haul around. Same for strings. No one but you really knows if you hit hard, soft, spinny, flat, are a stringbreaker, or what type of feel you would like.

300Gkid
07-08-2006, 12:36 PM
ok, sorry i was in a hurry and didn't bother with details. I hit a relativley flat forehand and backhand with a semi-western grip and eastern 2 handed backhanded, but am looking to incorporate a bit more topspin into my strokes. I dont break strings THAT often maybe once every couple months. I dont really have a history of arm problems (once or twice because of "overuse".) From this hybrid i would like a bit more power, spin potential (if thats possible) and not TOO harsh of a feel

TheSnowMan
07-08-2006, 12:45 PM
You can buy Half Sets here at TW : http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage.html?CREF=1067

300Gkid
07-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, im gonna try 2 different setups and whichever i like better i will stick with. For the first i was looking at the signum proplasma and cutting in 1/2. ( i love the orange color w/ my 300G and good reviews) and will complement that with a soft synthetic (any suggestions). The other will probably be 1/2 Babolat Pro Hurricane and 1/2 X premium or the KLIP Adrenalin Gut/Poly Hybrid String or theKLIP X-Plosive 16 Gut/Poly Hybrid String , but i dono tneither of the Klips seems to cheap to be of good quality.

egrtennis3
07-08-2006, 02:04 PM
You may want to look at the Babolat strings. I have thought about using their natural gut and Hurrican pro. This is suppose to be a great combination. But like you said it is a bit pricey. You could probably buy a reel ora few packs cheaply off the big auction website and still be able to afford it. Hope this helps

300Gkid
07-08-2006, 02:38 PM
i'd rather not buy a reel or packs off E B A Y ( i havent had good experiences) so im thinking natural gut (unless its the klip stuff) is out of the question. Has anyone had any experience with the klip string?

str33t
07-08-2006, 02:42 PM
try pro hurricane and excel premium together.

300Gkid
07-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Ok, unless someon comes in raving about the klip strings it looks like i'll try the ProHurricane/Xcel Premium hybrid and then the Signum Proplasma and a soft synthetic. What are some good options for the synthetic?

rasajadad
07-09-2006, 03:30 AM
i'd rather not buy a reel or packs off E B A Y ( i havent had good experiences) so im thinking natural gut (unless its the klip stuff) is out of the question. Has anyone had any experience with the klip string?
I'm in the middle of playtesting Klip Armor Pro 17. I've only hit with them for 2 hours. Except for them being a little harder to work with (weaving on the crosses,) I love them. (Is that a rave?)

jak914
07-09-2006, 08:01 AM
You may want to look at the Babolat strings. I have thought about using their natural gut and Hurrican pro. This is suppose to be a great combination. But like you said it is a bit pricey.

Im in the process of trying this combination at the moment. I got the ProHurricane in the mains and VS in the crosses. Been pretty durable and great feel. If you dont mind paying for it, its well worth the money

300Gkid
07-09-2006, 09:56 AM
I've decided to put either Dunlop Max Comfort or Head Fibergel Power with the Signum, what are your opinions on these strings?

marcus_alsager
07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
i hated that mixture, but i guess its just me :mrgreen:

theace21
07-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I've decided to put either Dunlop Max Comfort or Head Fibergel Power with the Signum, what are your opinions on these strings?
That is the fun of having a stringer. You can experiment...Might be great for you, and terrible for me. Report back and we can share information. For me I hybrid BDE Preformance with Gosen Sheep Micro...I like it...Good Luck.

psp2
07-09-2006, 12:05 PM
my fav cross string in a poly hybrid is Gosen sheep 17g.

jak914
07-09-2006, 06:00 PM
i hated this combination but thats just me

Midlife crisis
07-10-2006, 12:50 AM

Max Comfort is not that great of a string. On a full stringjob, it moves all over the place. My son went through several sets of it and never had it last more than about a month. I'm not sure how long it'd last as a hybrid.

If you're thinking about SPPP, why not just try a full stringjob of it and see what you think? It's my favorite string and pretty soft, as is Polyon SP, which is now what my son uses.