PDA

View Full Version : DESCISION TIME!!!! (Help desperately needed)

bigmanoncampus
07-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I am struggling between the nike breathe free 3's and the adidas barricade IV'. I have narrow feet with a semi high arch so can someone offer me some advice on which shoe to choose? Thanks
Chris

egrtennis3
07-08-2006, 12:36 PM
I own a few pairs of the Barricades and have previously owned an older pair of the Nike Air Max Breathes. When it comes to durability the Barricades are the best. I can wear through about a pair of the barricades in like 3-4 months, but when I wore the Nike's it was like 2-3 months and then they were shot. The only thing that I really liked about the Nike's was that they were a little lighter. But one thing to think about is they both have the sixth month warranty. Also both shoes are within five dollars of each other, so either way it is hard to grow wrong. I hope this helps you out.:D

tursafinov
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
My Choice Barricade 4. It surely fits a narrow foot with a noticable arch. Adidas makes a more durable sole with a tighter lacing system that i enjoy. The positioning of the arch in my right shoe when i tried the 4's was uncomfortable as it is longer and more towards the front of the foot. That was my only gripe which is why i am faithful to the 2's. Nike is not a durable and pinched my pinky toe with how the upper angles inward towards the front. That was a hinderance even for me with Narrow, feet Medium arches. These observations are from size 12 men's so maybe different sizes will feel different based on amount of material.
In short the $'s do make you feel "Locked In" and snug secure which is great. Good luck with your Decision.

looseswing
07-08-2006, 12:59 PM
I have not worn the barricades so I cannot comment on them but I do own a pair of the vapor3s and I find them to be nice shoes. Mine wore out in about three months and had nice weight and traction to them.

MMkay5
07-08-2006, 01:10 PM
bigmanoncampus, im debating the same thing. i want the black/red breathe free 3s or the black/red barricades

brucie
07-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Barricade 4 have higher arch than previous 3s and nikes i feel id have them greta shoes weighty but durable and i can still run just as fast so who cares.

oscar_2424
07-15-2006, 05:52 AM
get the barricade IV

Roger_federer
07-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Im thinking of either getting the barricade 4 grey/orange or black/red

emcee
07-15-2006, 12:22 PM
You can't go wrong with Barricades, imo.

retroceso
07-15-2006, 07:31 PM
get barricades

mctennis
07-15-2006, 09:06 PM
The iv's are definately more narrow.