PDA

View Full Version : Golf: Who is going to win the open????

Feņa14
07-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Well Golf is back home and who will win the biggest prize in Golf this year?

I'm going for: Sergio Garcia
Dark horses: Paul Casey, Lee Westwood

What do you think?

-Liam

Brettolius
07-13-2004, 12:29 PM
its funny how you call the british "the open", since over here we call the us "the open". i'm going with a comeback from the hometown hero, Nick Faldo.

Feņa14
07-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Ok then so it starts soon and all we got is Nick Faldo!

It wuld be really nice for Colin Montgomerie to win at his home course after his recent troubles.

And I am looking forward to the Ryder Cup, should be a classic as usual!!

-Keep 'em coming!!

-Liam

07-16-2004, 08:44 AM
Faldo is +11. I gotta vote for fello Canuck Mike Weir but I think Goosen will win.

Ian Poulter's pants ROCK! He's the Brit equivalent of US rednecks Duffy Waldorf or Scott Hoch.

Feņa14
07-16-2004, 11:37 AM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=51071662&cdi=0

Rule Britannia!!!! I will go with any Brit for the title. Such as Poulter, Westwood, Casey, Lane, Montgomerie etc...!!!

Poulter said that he has some even more "adventourous" outfits for Saturday and Sunday. Poulter and Montgomerie would be my favourites to win but Ian is a bit too far back I think.

It would be great for us if Monty could do it. But I also have a soft spot for my fellow lefties Weir and Phil, he would be the only American that I would choose to win my Open championship.

Come on the Brits!!!!! Overall pick, Monty!!!

Feņa14
07-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Looks like Monty and Barry are who I will be backing tomorrow. Of course my pics at the start of Casey and Westwood could be good outsiders for the title.

Come on the Brits!!!!

-Liam

Feņa14
07-18-2004, 11:55 AM
See I told you it would be Todd Hamilton!! :wink:

Well that was disappointing for me, I have had enough of the cr@p American golfers coming to Britain and winning THE Open. I wouldn't mind if like Phil or Davis or Tiger won but it's getting a joke now with Curtis and now Hamilton.

My pick of Lee Westwood came good with him getting fourth.

-Liam