PDA

View Full Version : Yonex SHT 305 Opinions?

bigbanger
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Anyone who wears this shoe care to share their opinions? Fit, stability, durability, breathability, etc? There are only a handful of customer reviews on this site and none of my local Yonex dealers carry them, so I can't try them on before purchasing. Currently wearing the Barricade IIs but would like a lighter, more ventilated shoe with good stability for the hot summer months.

Mr.Federer
07-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I own a pair...and I have to say that the cushioning is great! Really comfortable and gives you this "umphhhh" feeling. The stability is better than the barricades imo. Durability is pretty solid. After like 4 months, the soles are starting to barely begin to smooth. The ventilation is ok, I guess.
Overall a great shoe, but I would never buy a pair of shoes before tryin them on.

TEAM ZERO
07-08-2006, 11:15 PM
I agree to Mr. Federer! They are awesome tennis shoes!

bigbanger
07-09-2006, 10:18 AM
It's odd, I hear nothing but good things about this shoe and yet none of my local Yonex dealers carry them. Perhaps Yonex isn't pushing their dealers hard enough to spread the word about the SHT-305. And Bricks and Mortar retailers wonder why they are losing business to sites like this one.

10sstringman
07-09-2006, 06:03 PM
They're very wide shoes. If your feet are at all narrow, they won't fit.

isseland
08-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Not impress, for over 99 bucks got heel blister playing first time. Probably should be loyal to Diadora leather shoes that never gave me blisters.
Does the lightweight synthetic leather and mesh provide a better comfort? I don’t think so. Probably this is only advertising trick, to replace more expensive soft natural product with cheap plastics.

nn
08-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone who wears this shoe care to share their opinions? Fit, stability, durability, breathability, etc? There are only a handful of customer reviews on this site and none of my local Yonex dealers carry them, so I can't try them on before purchasing. Currently wearing the Barricade IIs but would like a lighter, more ventilated shoe with good stability for the hot summer months.

I was using Barricade II and switch to Yonex SHT 303 (first version) and still find them way better than Barricade II in most department apart from durability. way to go.. currently using SHT 303 bought for $39

ZoomUltraflight
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
what about size comparisons between yonex and adidas for thsoe who have the shoe? besides the wider width, are the sizings any different?

AJK1
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, it's a shame these shoes are not more readily available as they are great shoes from what i've heard. I have to drive 2 hrs just to get to a shop that sells them. They are on my shopping list.

bigbanger
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I recently bit the bullet and bought a pair from TW. Best decision I ever made. These are the best tennis shoes I've ever worn. They have a great combination of support, traction, breathability and weight. I've only had them for a few weeks, so I can't speak to their durability. But frankly I don't care if they're not the most durable shoes since they have so many other great qualities. When they wear out I'll buy another pair. The only downside for me is the colorways they currently come in. I bought the blue/yellow pair, but would prefer something like a hardcourt version of the all blue ones. IMHO, the Barricade IIs are great shoes, but the SHT-305s are even better.

10sstringman
08-08-2006, 08:05 PM
They're great shoes if you have wide feet. If you have slim feet, they're the worst shoes ever.

BiGGieStuFF
08-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I don't know anything about it's performance but in my opinion those are some hideous shoes.

onkystomper
08-10-2006, 02:01 AM
good shoe. really stable and comfortable. i think the look pretty good too. only downer is i chew through them in about 6-8weeks on a hardcourt

siow_a
08-30-2006, 02:33 PM
What were your tennis shoes before the Yonex 305?

mctennis
08-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Not impress, for over 99 bucks got heel blister playing first time. Probably should be loyal to Diadora leather shoes that never gave me blisters.
Does the lightweight synthetic leather and mesh provide a better comfort? I donít think so. Probably this is only advertising trick, to replace more expensive soft natural product with cheap plastics.
That's my big beef with shoe manufacturers now. They are switching to an all plastic/ snythetic shoe. How comfortable is that going to be in the heat of summer on asphalt court? Not very. Give me leather and get rid of the plastic and mesh combos!!!

aidenous
09-01-2006, 04:12 AM
I love the 304 and will try the 305 next but I'm not fond of the colors either. I wish they had a neutral color. TW now has the Blue which looks sharp but it's for clay courts.