PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Ladders

Aonex
07-13-2004, 01:39 PM
I was curious to find out how many here are involved in some kind of tennis ladders in your club, court, etc. I've never played competitively outside of playing matches against friends, and wanted to find out if it's worth it to get started. Do people take their matches too seriously? Will I be the only weekend hack that learned to play by himself? Anyway, I'm strongly leaning towards signing up, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting in over my head with guys way better than me, or people who will take the fun out of playing.

NoBadMojo
07-13-2004, 02:18 PM
ladders tend to be all over the place depending upon many things. why dont you just give it a try and see if you enjoy it? some places have ladders based upon your playing ability. as far as the competitors, you would find both extremes and some right in the middle like you appear to be....ed

joegerardi
07-14-2004, 03:21 AM
I play in doubles ladder here in Savannah and it's the cat's ***! Exceptionally well-organized, it runs every Wednesday night. 13 courts, all going at once, and I find it more fun than the USTA leagues- You're not playing the same people over and over, year after year.

If you have a god couple of weeks of playing, and another team has a bad couple of weeks, you find youself playing some serious talent, which is kind of cool.

..Joe