PDA

View Full Version : Clay court shoes for Har True Courts?

Dan007
07-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll be playing on Har True courts starting monday, and as I heard har tru courts are very similar to clay exept it's dark grennish color and the courts a little bit faster. Do you wear clay court shoes on this surface? Also I'm looking for a hard/clay shoes, not to light nor heavy. I thinking of getting the barricade II. The budget is $100

Thanks

snoflewis
07-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I'll be playing on Har True courts starting monday, and as I heard har tru courts are very similar to clay exept it's dark grennish color and the courts a little bit faster. Do you wear clay court shoes on this surface? Also I'm looking for a hard/clay shoes, not to light nor heavy. I thinking of getting the barricade II. The budget is $100

Thanks

Breathe Free IIs are good since they're not heavy at all and come w/ warranty. you might also want to consider some vapor speeds, vapor 3s, adidas CC feathers, CC booms.

Dan007
07-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Breathe Free IIs are good since they're not heavy at all and come w/ warranty. you might also want to consider some vapor speeds, vapor 3s, adidas CC feathers, CC booms.

Thanks.:)

jak914
07-09-2006, 06:35 PM
you dont need clay shoes for har tru. i use my barricade 4 and they work fine. so do the a3's

Dan007
07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
you dont need clay shoes for har tru. i use my barricade 4 and they work fine. so do the a3's

Barricade 4s are for hard and clay. I just thought since you have slide and all, that a clay court shoes should be needed.

tonysk83
07-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Breathe Free II's without a doubt.

Dan007
07-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Now I'm stuck between Breathe Free II and the Barricarde II. Barricade II is about $10 cheaper than the BFII, but still I'm thinking of getting the BFII. Can someone tell me the pros and the cons of these two shoes?

Thanks.

brownbearfalling
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Now I'm stuck between Breathe Free II and the Barricarde II. Barricade II is about $10 cheaper than the BFII, but still I'm thinking of getting the BFII. Can someone tell me the pros and the cons of these two shoes?

Thanks.
I've worn both for tennis and I have to say that it's a tough choice between the two, but here are the pros and cons of each:

Nike Breathe Free II
Pros: Very Light, Low to the Ground Feel, Decent Durability (for a Nike Shoe), Looks Good, Breatheable, and Comfortable.

Cons: Durability isn't as great as the Barricade II's

Addidas Barricade II
Pros: Fairly Light, Excellent Durability, and Looks Good.

Cons: Not as light as the Breathe Free II's, Not as durable as the Barricade III's (I'm not sure about the durability compared to the Barricade IV's)
________
Tv forum (http://www.tv-gossip.com/)

TW CSR
07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Both are great shoes both with 6 month outsole warranties. I really like the nike breath II's because they feel very light and have good ventilation but the Adidas Barricade II's are more durable.

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Both are great shoes both with 6 month outsole warranties. I really like the nike breath II's because they feel very light and have good ventilation but the Adidas Barricade II's are more durable.

aren't the barricade II warranties ineffective anymore?

between the two shoes, i'd go w/ the breathe free IIs.

tguru
07-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Feathers for Har Tru, Barricades for Hard!!!!!

Muffin Man
07-11-2006, 01:33 PM
After slipping too often in my zoom vapor speeds and my breathe free 2's, tomorrow i am trying the nike zoom animo. full herringbone pattern on the bottom. i'll let you all know how it goes.

Dan007
07-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Feathers for Har Tru, Barricades for Hard!!!!!

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I'll go with the Breathe Free II. tguru, Feathers would be a great choice on har tru courts, but as I mentioned I don't like shoes that are too light, I had bad experience of spraining my ankle wearing running and really lighweight shoes.

rasajadad
07-12-2006, 04:27 AM
As they were on sale ($69.99 2 years ago), I bought a pair of Barricade II's clays. To me it seems they are lighter than the regular B II's. Although I wear B III's for hardcourts, I appreciate less weight on clay. I'm sure the herringbone pattern on the III's are prefectly fine for har true, but I like to rotate my shoes and not wear them every day in order to give them time to completely dry out. (I used to have a pair of K-Swiss grasscourt shoes as there were Omni courts in the town I used to live in. What an advantage they were!)

guedoguedo
04-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I have BFIIs and they work well for hard and hartru. But I must admit I hate the sole pattern for hartru, because it gets clogged up with hartru so easily. I play hatru 80% of the time now, should i stick with the BF2s or should i give the feather 2s a whirl??

Can someone tell me if the feather 2's have the same size fitting as BFII or Barricade II? size 12 fits be perfectly for these two and Id like to order the feathers online if i get them

EZRA
04-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I have several shoes for different surfaces .. but for Har-Tru, I always go with my K-Swiss Ascendor SLT ... Too bad they don't let you demo shoes before buying them but I truly vouch for these shoes - they're great on Har-Tru and Clay.

PlayTheClay
04-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Its Har-Tru, not Har-True...no "e"...anyway, the Wilson Trance is an awesome clay court shoe.

saqdeez
04-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Only problem with kswiss for me is they all have hi arches with firm support so it hurts my flat feet like crazy. Otherwise i love their shoes

oscar_2424
04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I always use my barricade IV on clay, and i have no complains, its a really comfortable shoe.