PDA

View Full Version : User experience with Lux BB Original

asdf1991
07-09-2006, 04:54 AM
im a chronic string breaker, coz i hit heavy with lots of topspin, i used to get about 20 hours out of Wilson sensation strings.

i heard the awe about the BB orginal being extremely durable, literally everyone was unanimous that this string is close to unbreakable (some in this forum even said they are in the process of trying to break them).

So can Everyone and anyone who has used this string, estimate how long the string lasted for you in terms of hours of play, or no. of times you play a week and for hour long on average.

the reason is that i just ordered a wilson prostaff 95 with *******, and had it strung with Lux BB O. I noticed that the string already had some notching at the intersections (very slight), but this make me think that if this string so tough, it shouldn't have these marks already. Or is this perfectly normal because of the stringing process. Or is this because of bad stringing job from ******* or did they used old/damaged strings?

grateful for feedbacks/experiences

jak914
07-09-2006, 08:05 AM
when you have just strung BB O it should not have notching in the string. The string has been used before. You bought a used racquet. Thats the only way that string looks like that. As for how long it took me to break that string. I dont even remember how long it took me. I know it was a very long time. For me they last to long. They start to loose tension and you end up playing with a fish net.

asdf1991
07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
definitely not used racquet, it was from M I D * W E S T , wrappings, and absorber, no scratches, basically brand new.

are u a frequent string breaker tho? what style of play? and in comparison to other strings, how much longer do u estimate the BB o lasted ie. double, triple etc.

Midlife crisis
07-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Poly strings tend to indent a little bit just from the pressure against each other, even if the racquet was strung properly. Even so, it does not seem to hurt longevity. I break PSGD in 6-10 hours and I haven't yet had a poly job break on me because I usually go about 60-80 hours and then the tension loss is more than I like, so I cut it out and restring.

tnig469
07-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Normally i can break a syn gut in about 10-20 hours of play...ALU BB took me like 2 months with 10-20 hours a week....and the original felt so bad i TRIED to break it...couldnt do it...and just cut it out...i hated that string

asdf1991
07-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Normally i can break a syn gut in about 10-20 hours of play...ALU BB took me like 2 months with 10-20 hours a week....and the original felt so bad i TRIED to break it...couldnt do it...and just cut it out...i hated that string

what style of play do u play, hard hitter with lots of spin?

the original is suppose to be alot more durable than ALU right? lets say u played 15 hours a week, then the ALU lasted about approx 120 hours?

thnaks for feedback

tnig469
07-10-2006, 09:36 PM
what style of play do u play, hard hitter with lots of spin?

the original is suppose to be alot more durable than ALU right? lets say u played 15 hours a week, then the ALU lasted about approx 120 hours?

thnaks for feedback

yes i like to play with tons of topspin...i use a full western grip....i break syn guts in about 5 hours....original is way more durable...one of the hardest to break except kevlar.....ALU is pretty durable...good access of spin...just try it once to see if u like it....