PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Yonex with 1 piece?

tonysk83
07-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I was reading a thread that said all Yonex should be strung with 2 peices, TW also says the same thing. I noticed on one of my racquets that my stringer did a 1 piece job, the other is a hybrid so it was obviously 2 piece. What kind of damage can happen to the frame? I have played like 3 weeks on this string job without any problems.

LudaKrisKG
07-09-2006, 07:19 PM
it voids the warrenty
because top to bottom puts less stress on the frame

chrisplchs
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
if you HAVE do a one piece on a yonex, make sure it is some sort of ATW pattern, or it could crack the frame

tonysk83
07-09-2006, 08:44 PM
ATW?

p[kop[op[

dancraig
07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
ATW?

p[kop[op[

ATW = Around The World.

It is a method of stringing one piece while always stringing the crosses top to bottom. When a manufacturer requires one piece, it's because they don't want the frame strung bottom up. With ATW, you can string one piece, and still string the crossses top down.

rasajadad
07-10-2006, 06:21 AM
What if the racquet mfgr recommends one-piece?
Will it similarly void the warranty if you do a 2 piece?
What are the plusses and minuses of 1 vs. 2 piece? (Other than hybriding, of course.)

Stan
07-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Some of the newer Yonnies are fine with 1 pc because mains end at head. Others, where mains end at throat, need to be done ATW. If the mains in your racquets end at head or if it was strung ATW you have no worries. If the racquet was strung bottom up, especially a Yonex, that is incorrect practice and has the potential to damage the frame.

Bottom line is that Yonex racquets do not all need to be strung with 2 pieces, but they do NEED TO BE STRUNG TOP DOWN due to the isometric shape.

BORISK
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
[Bottom line is that Yonex racquets do not all need to be strung with 2 pieces, but they do NEED TO BE STRUNG TOP DOWN due to the isometric shape.[/QUOTE]
Where can I find : "TO BE STRUNG TOP DOWN due to the isometric shape."

snoflewis
07-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Where can I find : "TO BE STRUNG TOP DOWN due to the isometric shape."

have you been reading the thread? yonex rackets can't be strung bottom up. if that's what makes you happy, then go for it.

my question is, what potential danger is there for the frame when it is strung bottom up? i know it's not good to do so, but what actually causes the frame to potentially break if i do string bottom up?