PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know a Good Stringer in Raleigh, NC?

stevewcosta
03-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Please forward. Thank you.

Ash Doyle
03-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Rocky Mount, NC here. I don't know of any in Raleigh (however, I'm sure there are), but if you ever come to Rocky Mount you can have some quality (and quick) stringing done at Benvenue Country Club Tennis Shop.

NoBadMojo
03-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Evening..i am happy to recommend one. Match Point Stringers and the guy's name is Michael. Here is his email addy..MatchPointStringers@nc.rr.com I am sure he will promptly respond. He's a serious stringer, has good equipment, is consistent, and calibrates often. I think you would be happy. Pls give him a try and he is in Raleigh. Ed

bcaz
03-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Nice of you to help him, Ed. BTW, have you tried the Klip gut/Poly hybrid yet? If so, what do you think of it?

BC

stevewcosta
03-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks Ed!! I really appreciate your help. Take care.

NoBadMojo
03-05-2004, 06:03 AM
hi guys. no worries..glad to try and help. bcaz, i havent..two of my bats are ready to break strings though and i am anxious to try the klip xplosive..when i do, i will be sure to post something for you. also was sent some of the tf biphase, but am really interested in the klip mostly. ed

Match-Point
03-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Hey SteveWCosta,
Match-Point is in the house! Shoot me an email if you need a stringer in Raleigh. matchpointstringers@nc.rr.com.

smoothasmecir
03-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Matchpoint, where are in Raleigh are you located?

Match-Point
03-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Office is in West Raleigh area (Beltline/Jones Franklin). Home is in Holly Springs (Sunset Ridge). How about you?

smoothasmecir
03-15-2004, 10:28 AM
I live out in Cary, about 5 min's from the CTC. I've been having my racquets strung there, but have not been happy with the service or turnaround time. Do you actually own a shop?

stringersnc
03-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Have you guys ever heard of Stringers on Old Wake Forest Rd. in Raleigh? We have same day turnaround and we strung for the Pros at the Women's 50K Challenger at North Hills Club last May and will do so again in 2005. We also have the largest selection of string in the Raleigh area. Check us out.

volleyman
03-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I have been using Stringers on Old Wake Forest Road, and been extremely happy with their same day service.

Omega Sports, in the new North Hills shopping mecca, also has a decent stringer, but they don't offer same day stringing, or the variety of string that Stringers does.

The Millbrook Exchange Park Tennis Center also offers stringing services - the same guy who strings for Omega Sports strings there.

jmorr649
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Stringers rocks!

chrisplchs
03-09-2007, 09:15 AM
This is an old thread...

DancesWithBeers
08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
BDS sports in Cary is the best i've experienced. It's basically a guy that has a shop in his house next to the Lochmere swim and tennis club. He's the local certifier for the USRSA and has over 10 grand in diagnostic equipment and machines and over 25 yrs of stringing experience, including stringing for Michael Chang and the local teaching pros.

Regardless of where you go, make sure you evaluate:
1. what kind of machine they use (electronic vs. lockout, etc)
2. do they have good service, i.e., do they ask about your playing style and if you are having any wrist, elbow or shoulder problems to evaluate what kind of string you might want to try.
3. what kind of diagnostic equipment do they have, i.e., do they calibrate their machine regularly and do they have a way of evaulating the consistency of the string installation they do- you want the string job coming out the exact same way every time. Can they show you what they do to make sure this is the case or do they just take the frame off the machine, hand it to you , and say that'll be 40 bucks, have a nice day.