PDA

View Full Version : Breath Free II's or Breathe Free III's?

SunFlash
07-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Breath Free II's or Breathe III's?

Which one should i buy?
Pros and cons?

oscar_2424
07-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Go for the II's, they are cheaper and better good looking

SunFlash
07-10-2006, 09:08 AM
which is better on the court?

oscar_2424
07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
couldnt tell you 'cause i have only wear the bII's

SunFlash
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
u like them? I have them too

courtrage
07-10-2006, 10:06 AM
i have a pair of the IIIs that i havent worn yet. Dont know if i will cause i had a friend who got a pair and he said he was just hittin around and almost rolled his ankle a few times...guess nadal has some special cut so that dont happen cause he moves WAY faster than me or my friends :-)

SunFlash
07-10-2006, 10:08 AM
:mrgreen: well i just wanted to know if i got a good deal or not.

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 02:14 PM
i've had the BFIIs and am wearing the breathe 3's right now

BFII:
pros - low to the ground, very comfortable, good fit, good ventilation, good traction
cons - a bit low cut but ankle protection is ok because the shoe is low to the ground, lots of reports on popped airbag including mine, not durable (warranty helps a lot here), kind of a pain to put on

Breathe 3's
pros - fits a little higher so somewhat better ankle protection, comfortable but not as much so as the BFIIs, good fit but BFIIs are better since they wrap around your foot (due to lack of tongue on the BFIIs), ventilates well like BFII, traction is good, cushioning holds up and is more stable, more durable

cons - not as low to the ground as the BFIIs but it has a thicker midsole so that's expected, take time to break in (almost rolled my ankle twice during break in period but havent done it since), colorways aren't as cool as the BFIIs.

for those who have tried both shoes, about half liked the bfIIs more and the other half liked the breathe 3's more. honestly, i like both. the breathe 3 is an improvement of the BFIIs in some areas but not in others. you seriously can't go wrong w/ either as both are excellent shoes and you won't regret buying them...that's for sure.

2slow
07-10-2006, 03:07 PM
so does that mean best comfort is BFII better durability is BFIII im thinking of getting a pair cant decide

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 03:24 PM
so does that mean best comfort is BFII better durability is BFIII im thinking of getting a pair cant decide

in terms of comfort, they are about the same, but the BFII fits a little better (at the cost of being a pain to put on sometimes) because the BFII does not have a tongue and instead kinda wraps around your foot.

durability in the Breathe IIIs are definitely better. the midsole is not only thicker, but the outsole seems to be more durable as well.

SunFlash
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
So which one do u prefer?

emcee
07-10-2006, 06:53 PM
snoflewis likes both, apparently.

nn
07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
BF II all the way

tonysk83
07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
I have the II's and really didn't like them but have grown to really like them. I had to cut one of the tounges out so I could put the shoe on with my ankle brace after I sprained my ankle really bad. If they had non-attached tounges I would of liked them 10 times more.

snoflewis
07-10-2006, 11:47 PM
So which one do u prefer?

like emcee said, i like both. if i was given one pair, i wouldnt really miss the other. if i absolutely had to go w/ one, i'd probably go w/ the Breathe 3's. reason being that the cushioning holds up (BFIIs are notorious for popped airbags) and is a little bit more solid, durability is better (along w/ the 6 month warranty), it's easier to put on if you're foot or ankle is injured (although you probably shouldnt be playing), and they're a little higher up for ankle protection. the breathe 3's take a couple wearings to break in, but nevertheless they are great shoes and i would definitely recommend them.

SunFlash
07-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Well, my BFII came with six month warranty and i havent had any ankle trouble.
I dunno why people complain about that

thejuice
07-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Like snoflewis, I also own both kinds and I prefer the BF IIs. Maybe I got a decent-but-not-great pair of IIIs because mine don't feel nearly as comfortable as the IIs. I basically use the IIIs as casual shoes when I'm wearing my basketball or football jerseys. I may give them another shot but for now, I'm playing in the BF IIs (I've got two pair).

kreative
07-11-2006, 11:47 AM
i haven't tried the III's, but i really like the II's. very snug fit in the collar thou (w/ the uni-tongue), but lightweight, stable, soft, with good traction.